Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Night Fun

A year ago I learned how to coupon. It was so fun running to the store with my friend Mauria or Val to pick up diapers on a fall night, and spend a little girl time together! It came in really handy when I was on bed rest because I could just put my deal together and once a week Josh would zip down the street for me and pick everything up after the kids had gone to bed. He's so good to me! :) I only couponed at one store and bought the household items we use. I haven't had to buy diapers for an entire year, or toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, dish soap or toothbrushes, etc. from simply couponing from Sept-Dec last year! Just 4 months. Isn't that crazy?! I've hardly couponed since then because I've just been too busy, and I haven't felt the need to really. Now that it's September again, though, and I'm on my last box of diapers I figured I'd better take advantage of the diaper deals season! I'd love to stock up another year's worth. I'll probably just coupon once a week for a couple months again and call it good for the year.

Tonight I gathered my coupons after dinner and drove down the street, enjoyed about 20 minutes of alone time in the store :) and picked up:

7 pkgs of Huggies diapers
8 rolls of paper towels
Mascara
Eye Liner
Tom's deoderant + Tom's soap
2 Tom's toothpaste
Shampoo
Tampons
2 boxes of dishwasher tabs

Retail on all of this is: $155.24
After coupons I spent: $58.51
So I saved 62% off of retail for just a small amount of time spent. Or an average of $3.40 per item. For spendy diapers, I'd say that's not too shabby.

No comments: