
Josh and I ventured back to the 80's & 90's last night and went to the Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith Friends Tour concert at Rolling Hill's Church. It was so much fun!! It totally took me back to being a kid and with every song came another flood of sweet memories! I kept holding back tears! I was suddenly back in my bedroom singing along to every tape of Amy's, or singing along with Matt in his room to Michael W. Smith, down in our house basement. Josh and I talked on the drive home about what blessed childhoods we both had. Thank you parents for that gift!

The concert lasted a little over 3 hours. One of our old youth group kids, who is now a college graduate, came and babysat the kids.
Amy played her guitar and sang barefoot on stage, and played all of my favorites. Michael played keyboard for a lot of her songs, and Sarah Gill (Vince Gill's daughter) was one of Amy's back up singers. Michael and Amy sang a few songs together, then Michael played a bunch of his old songs, and Amy sang back up for one of his. Then he led everyone in amazingly powerful worship for the last 35 minutes or so! It was a top notch concert and I'm so thankful I got to go! I only wish Matt could've been there too. :)
One really fun thing that happened in the middle of the concert, was when Amy told about how she and two other people in her group rode bikes around Portland this week and they ended up at a restaurant downtown and the waitress got to talking to them and asked what they were in town for and Amy said she was a music writer and the waitress said, "Oh, I am too!" So Amy invited her to come sing at her concert, and this cute young girl stepped on stage and sang this beautiful song she wrote and the crowd gave her a standing ovation. It was pretty neat. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment