Thursday, September 15, 2011

Canby Fair & Rodeo

I sure am enjoying finally having a family blog! There are so many things we go do that I have pictures from, and being able to blog them is like having a digital scrapbook, stored online. I think it will be neat for Jude, Selah and Benjamin to one day be able to look back through.

Last month we went to the Canby Fair & Rodeo. The Canby Fair is by far our favorite one up here in the Portland area. It's green and beautiful, and clean, and full of country people. It reminds us a lot of the feel of the Corvallis fair. They have a whole section that is an old western town with covered wagons and people dressed in old clothing, making candles and horse shoes, and there are Indian tee-pees set up to walk through. They have a pretty great vegetable and fruit area for gardeners to show off their prized foods, and their animal areas are wonderful. Last year we got to see a baby miniature pony cuddling on a teenage girl's lap! Cutest thing ever! They have fun live shows, and this year we tried out the rodeo and were not disappointed! I guess the Canby Rodeo is a pretty big deal in Oregon. Their show had people competing from across the nation. We watched the bucking broncos and calve roping, then walked around and looked at animals, then made our way back to the bull riding! But sadly, we sat down for bull riding, only to discover we'd made it back in time for the LAST ride. :( Which lasted how long? Oh, about a little under 8 seconds. :)

Our time there this year was too brief. I had been working a ton that week and we only had a little over 2 hours to spend there before they closed. The kids were in tears when we left because they wanted to stay longer. I'm already looking forward to going again next year!

Selah hopping like a bunny. :) Cutie!


Jude showing me how a cow walks... :) Love that boy!

These baby pigs were so sweet I just wanted to jump in there and get a snuggle too!


Here are a couple pics I took with my cell phone during the rodeo...

No comments: