Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Say Never...

Isn't it funny how often in our lives the things we say we'd NEVER do, we can end up doing? Ah, we're prideful little creatures, aren't we? I always said I'd NEVER home school. And tonight as I prepare for the kids' first day of school tomorrow, here in our home, I'm overwhelmed by God's peace. This is definitely something I never thought I'd attempt, but as I've prepared, cut out flash cards, laid out construction paper, and read over lesson plans, I'm truly excited!

The curriculum I ordered is easy to follow. It basically tells me what to teach each day, and it's things I know my kids are going to love learning. Our curriculum is called "My Father's World". Josh and I sat and listened to Fernando Ortega sing that hymn this evening and my heart filled with hope for our school year. Yeah, I also can envision the realities of the hard days... Jude crying in frustration or Selah snapping at Jude for telling her how color and with what marker... but there will be great days too! I'm grateful for the structure this will provide, and the joy of watching my kids learn! This may be a wild voyage, but I'm confident in who is steering this ship and for those little mates I get to travel with. :)

We can't pick the circumstances that cause us to be lead toward certain decisions, but so far, the "NEVERS" sure have turned out to be blessings in my life.
xo,
Bethany



(Last week the kids asked to start school early, but I wasn't ready, so instead we painted while listening to classical music, and Benjamin played with the door stopper by the bathroom. Fun was had by all.)

No comments: