
We recently got him a play table off Craigslist, and a walker so he can be contained but still move around. He loves the table. The walker he only likes to be in for short amounts of time.
Oh cheeky buns... I had to post this pic because baby buns are just the cutest! I was trying to get him dressed and do a diaper change, but he made it to the table naked before I finished and managed to also reach my pen.

I put Benjamin in his chair with some little bites of pear while we started school this morning. He liked watching the big kids while he ate.

Today we learned about the second day of Creation. God parted the waters and made the sky. The kids both said they would use blue to color their #2, but then decided it would be more fun to use all of the colors. :)

(Notice Selah's outfit...she wore dress up clothes over her regular clothes today.) :)

Jude had only one meltdown during school today. It was when he colored the tiniest mark outside of the #2 line. He cried and wanted to give up. I told him that it was okay because we were going to cut out the #2 and glue it to our "Creation Numbers" poster and he cried more. I explained that it was ok, and that mommy doesn't do everything perfect and he doesn't need to do everything perfect and his response was, "but it DOES need to be perfect." What's crazy is that I had no idea he cared about tiny things so much until we started school. This is really a great thing that I get to work with him each day on this. I'm loving the opportunity to know Jude and Selah in a more unique way as we do very specific assignments each day.

I explained to him after this what day 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 would look like on his creation poster and he got kind of excited. Then we did an alphabet game, phonic sounds, made an art page, and sang a couple songs. Then Jude prayed on his own, spontaneously, thanking God for making the sky and water and said Amen and then looked at me and said, "Ok, school is over!" We always pray at the end and I think he wanted to be done so he quickly took care of the prayer part on his own! Lol. Kids crack me up.
As I made a tea this morning before school started I thought about how Jude had woken up 30 later than usual, and there was no rushing out the door or frantically making food and dressing kids faster as a result. Instead we were able to just start school 30 mins later and still be finished before noon. I'm enjoying this more than I ever expected! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment