Saturday, January 3, 2015

Gifts

Selah and I were really excited to work on Christmas crafts this year, so we made a handful of gifts for fun! My inspiration comes and goes year by year, so I dearly hope I get inspired to make some gifts again next year because this was a lot of fun and we loved every minute of it!!

I made these ornaments for my new nephew Hans, in honor of his first Christmas.
I made these headbands for my niece, Nora, who is 10 months old:
Matt & Gina love Star Wars, so I made Nora this set of ornaments in honor of her first Christmas:
For my nephew, Orion, we made this robot car blanket. It's really cozy. My friend Mauria has given each of our kids a car blanket for their birthdays over the years and we use them every car ride in the winter, so we were excited to make one for Orion. I forgot to take a pic of it, so here's a cropped pic of it when it was in the background after all of the gifts were opened:
One of my favorite projects I worked on was Ben's "family of super heroes". Each of their belts, capes, and masks come off and they become a "normal, un-super family" again. ;) 
Here's our family all complete:
(My only mistake was not paying attention to Selah's white and gold heart fabric on her shirt... the placement of the up-side-down hearts was not good at all and something I didn't even notice until everything was finished. Oops! ;)
My other project that was near and dear to my heart was my handmade cards, made with my photography of photos from here at the farm. I made these for the women in my family and loved how they turned out:
Selah designed and made (with my help) this ornament for Gramma Jill. She specifically wanted to make her a horse ornament with winter colors. I thought that was really sweet of her.
We were certainly on an ornament kick, and we glued photos to these little wood slices and gave them to Paps for his 80th birthday a few weeks ago:

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love all of these! So great. And some inspiration to get myself in Christmas crafting gear next year!