And Ben doesn't let me down. I've begun a note pad document on my phone, just to write down little things that he says that I think are cute. Here are a few recent quotes from his little perspective:
- "Mom, I don't want to get old because you have spots on your face and lines on your forehead. My skin is healthy."
- Ben put on Josh's coat and said to Josh, "I do the working now, and you do the playing."
- When Ben smells something he likes he says, "What's that gorgulous smell?" (gor-ju-less)
- "I love God... because, he gave me... myself!"
We decided not to do a big party this year because there were so many holiday events this year. Ben told us he wanted to go bowling for his birthday, but at the last minute he changed his mind and wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese. ;) This is now the third time we've been, and our boys seem to just eat it up for their birthdays. I'm glad they have so much fun!
We went to a birthday lunch first...
Then to play...
Ben requested frozen yogurt on the way home so we stopped for it, but it was too cold, so we ate it in the warm car on the drive home. Then it was present time.
Josh and I had fun making these "creature power discs" for Ben. He loves to pretend play Wild Kratts.
Legos were at the top of Ben's birthday and Christmas lists this year.
So it's been sweet to see so much of this...
So, as I have been reminiscing over how quickly our baby boy has grown up I can't help but look back to this picture, from when Ben was only 5 days old:
This is one of my favorite memories, snuggling Benjamin Gabriel by tree light, soaking up every tiny little thing, and savoring the slow paced, quiet Christmas. Our kids were sleeping soundly in their beds and Josh and I were just savoring the quiet evening with our new little one. It was one of those moments I'll never forget. What a cute little bundle he was! He's grown up soooo quickly to me, but I've loved every stage with this happy, joyful boy of ours! We love you Benjamin (aka Ben-Jammin', Ben-G-man, Ben-ju-meen, Benji-boo, Benito Burrito...) !! I'm so thankful God blessed us with you! You are a treasure. xo















No comments:
Post a Comment