Monday, January 26, 2015

Christmas at Dad & Janet's

I've got to keep plugging away at Christmas posts, because it's nearly February! Last year I don't even think I blogged about Christmas, so I'm trying harder this year. :)

We had a great time over at Dad and Janet's for our January Christmas tradition! It was complete with Janet's amazing apple cranberry pie, Grandma Gayle's rolls, don't-you-dare-pick-up-the-discard-pile-Canasta, and we thoroughly enjoyed one another's company. Jen loves to bake and she brought along an amazing blueberry gluten free pie!! We were all SO impressed! I love that she's joined our family and I've loved getting to know her better! She's so thoughtful and creative and Caleb married well! :)
Our amazing hosts. :)
I'm so thankful for my brothers and sister-in-laws, and oh Nora Bean we could all eat you up. You're so cute.
These two... xoxo
Canasta!!
Matt and I just may have won... but who's keeping track?
Hallway car racing...
...and Legos. This is the season of the Legos and I love it!!
Gina & Jen are amazing knitters and crocheters!! Like, experts. So, they taught me how to knit and pearl that night and they are great teachers too! Janet was re-teaching herself how to crochet. I'm sure it's all less complicated than it sounds, but it's definitely a bit mysterious to me.
I made this much and had a lot of fun with it, but had to stop because I almost felt carsick. ?? Maybe I was pouring too much focused concentration into it? Ha! They hardly looked at their work, and I on the other hand, hardly ever looked up from mine. :) But I had fun with it and am glad they taught me. What I loved most was the comradery!
Thank you Dad and Janet for a lovely Christmas! xo

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh how I miss that house and those people! Loved seeing these pictures!