Saturday, December 13, 2014

Tis the Season!

Tis the season for outings and activities. I love this time of year!

Last Sunday after church we spontaneously stopped at a local coffee shop for hot cocoas with the kids. We'd never taken them there before and they loved the fact that all of the tables had colored pencils and large sheets of white paper to draw on. (Or in Jude's case, do math on.) ;)
Selah and I have been working on lots of fun little Christmas projects together. Our favorite one so far was making the kids' matching stockings. Selah chose the fabrics, and threads used on each one. She has blue thread, Jude has red, and Ben has green.
The only pic I have so far of the three finished stockings is in the background, along with my and Josh's stockings from our first married Christmas, a gift from my mom.
I loved checking on Ben one night before bed and seeing this:
Josh surprised me one night by ordering pad thai to go, and picking it up. I love that man. 
He also surprised me last week when we were out to dinner for my Grandpa's 80th birthday (who we call Papa), and after the dinner Josh said he was taking me on a date and had already set it up with Dad and Janet who were watching our kids. (Thank you Dad and Janet!!) I was so excited! We were going to go out for coffee, but everyone was closed early on the weekend, so instead we went and did a little Christmas shopping before heading to a movie!
Ah, I sure love this guy. :)
We had a great time celebrating Papa's 80th out to dinner with just us adults. (Gina & Nora were in California and poor Matt was sick.) It was really neat to discover that this building the restaurant was in (down on the river in Corvallis) my Papa worked in for 20 years, back when it was the police station. He was a police office for many years, then a private investigator, and owned Corvallis Security. 
I like this pic as he's opening his present, because it's so him, always laughing and smiling.
We also had a dessert night last week in honor of Papa's birthday, with all of the great grandkids, at he and Grandma's house. (My grandparents have been married 60 years! Isn't that awesome?! Yep, they were 17 & 19 when they married.) 
We got him this cute shirt:
My Grandma is amazing at making costumes, so there are always dress up clothes for the kids at her house, which you can see my kids always find. :) Too fun.
Papa with his great grandkids! (Ben was dressed as a police officer for this pic, which is fitting.)
My brothers and I with Papa.
Right around this time we also watched the Ducks play against AZ over at my mom's house, which was fun to watch! :) My parents went to U of O, but they raised us in Corvallis... so we root for both the ducks and beavers. :)
But my mom... she is ALL DUCK!! Can you tell? :)
My mom has a handful of fun pics on the side of her fridge and these two make me smile every time I see them. That's Jude on the left at 6 months old, and me on the right at 6 months old. :)
Last night we spontaneously went out to Dad and Janet's and watched A Christmas Story with them and Matt (while Gina and Nora were still in CA). We had popcorn and candy canes and a great time hanging out as usual! I'm so sad I didn't take a pic. :( 
Janet, who lived in Japan for a season of her life, gave Josh all of the supplies to make sushi rolls, along with a cook book, a year or two ago for Christmas. We only just used all of those wonderful things tonight, but boy are we happy we did! I think it's Sushi Saturday from here on out.
It only took us 5 mins to do this.

No comments: