Sunday, December 1, 2013

I love this time of year!

This time of year just makes me happy! I love the music, the lights and reflecting on the Reason for it all. It's fun to get out and do Christmasy things as a family, bake yummy things (I ate five of these today while staring at the Christmas tree, with a cup of tea in hand ;) ) and enjoy a bit of a slower pace.

I love following Ann Voskamp's blog each year through Advent. If you want to follow along too, click HERE to her site. <3

Speaking of slower pace, I was inspired by a friend of mine this year who does all of her Christmas shopping the day after Halloween so that she can just enjoy the simple things come December, so Josh and I thought we'd give it a try and we did ours online early too. I have to say I had so much fun wrapping the kids' presents while watching sappy Christmas movies last month! ;) And I love that as we're entering the Christmas season our pace does feel slower. I think she's onto something. Someone remind me to do this again next year!
Girl date!
It's Ben's birthday month! I can't believe our little baby boy will be THREE!! Wow!
We went to the downtown Christmas parade last night and had fun watching the tree lighting for the first time. The courthouse was so beautiful all lit up.
We had fun putting up the tree today! The kids were SO excited to decorate the tree!! I LOVED all of the excitement in the house. :) I'll be sure to post a few more pics of them soon.
This was hilarious. The other night Josh and I were hanging out and Selah & Ben came downstairs dressed as us. Selah said, "I'm off to a photo shoot!" Then she came down again dressed differently and said to us, "Ok kids, it's time for bed! Dad and I are going to stay up and watch movies while you sleep." Haha!! I guess they have things figured out. ;)
Last week we all had dentist appointments and stopped by Josh's office on the way home to say hi to a handful of the sweet people we know there! I'm always amazed by their view and wonder how anyone gets anything done when there's so much to look at.
Jude did awesome at the dentist! Soooo so proud of him!!

No comments: