It was really special to have the farmhouse full of life again this Thanksgiving!
It would've been so sweet to have you here too, Chelsi, Ian, Sasha, Demri, Tim, Lisa...!
At one point I just stopped and soaked it all up: hearing the piano music fill the house, the laughter, the kids playing with aunts and uncles, the guys shopping black Friday electronic deals online while sitting at the kitchen bar while we all talked and were just together... the nut cups... I love our family so much! So thankful for each person!
I didn't take many photos because we were busy eating, but here is a posed shot, post turkey & rice bake and rolls... (I think the kids were watching a movie by this point)
...then onto desserts and Canasta!! Dad and Matt won! By a lot. :)
Grandma Janet helped get the kids ready for bed.
It was a great day. And we all couldn't be more excited for this little lady who will join our family this February!
This morning felt like it could've been Christmas morning. Lots of holiday left-overs in the fridge and lots of joy from the night before.
Jude woke up asking for mash potatoes. :)
Josh and I had tea and Janet's AMAZING apple cranberry pie for breakfast.
I taught the older kids how to play Canasta (Jude asked me last night if I'd teach him. My brothers and I learned to play the game when we were 7.) We played through a full game and I think they maybe understood about half of it. It's a lot to learn and it takes a few times to really get it. Jude thought it was a bit too long, but I had a great time teaching them.
Then Selah & I played 3 games of Go Fish. We ended up using our British accents while playing the last game. ;)
(Dress up clothes are pretty common around here.)
This afternoon we headed over to my mom's for food and football. It was fun to watch the Civil War game all together and have another day with my siblings! What a tense game it was!!
We took my mom's annual Christmas card photo... Josh and I always joke that us "big kids" aren't cute enough to make it into the card photo. ;) Next year there will be 4 grandkids in the pic when baby girl cousin is here! Yay!
Granny (Grandma Joyce) brought along a puzzle game called the Crazy Frog that got lots of laughs...
...and maybe made everyone a little crazy while trying to solve the puzzle. :) Fitting title!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
xo,
Bethany

















2 comments:
Oh i love these pics!! Makes me miss you guys even more! Give everyone hugs for me! I got your moms' card today BTW...ADORABLE! can i get your new address so I can send you a card? you can email it to me @ a505butterfly@yahoo.com (my new address)
Oh, how I miss the nut cups! I must love nuts to this day just because of those nuts cups! Wish we could have been there, too. It would have been soooo fun! We really do need to plan a family reunion...
Post a Comment