Everything felt so quiet and still. There is just nothing like a snow day. Everything stops. I love it.
The orchard is so welcoming in every season!
As I was walking around in the snow I kept thinking of this verse:
“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow..."
I'm so thankful for what Jesus has done. And the peace He puts in our hearts.
The kids were soooo excited to go outside and play when they woke up! It was snowing like crazy when we first went out. :)
The kids would play outside for about an hour then come in and I'd throw all of their snow gear into the dryer while they ate breakfast or lunch, then they'd bundle up again and go play some more. This cycle occurred a few times today. I loved it! And I loved the excitement in the air throughout the day. <3
One favorite activity for the kids today was finding any stacked snow that could be knocked over, and knocking it over, like on the bird bath fountain, any potted plants, etc.
And tasting the snow...
I loved watching Jude dive down to the ground to do snow angels!
Josh worked from home and during his lunch hour he went out to play with the kids. I love the difference between how dads play in the snow with kids vs. moms. :) The kids loved it too.
Just as we were beginning to take a walk down in the field Josh's parents surprised us and stopped by for a visit! We had so much fun playing with them in the snow too!
Josh's dad retired from his career with the city of Corvallis last week. So proud of him for doing such a great job there! It was fun to attend his retirement party one evening this week and to see him be honored. Congratulations Mike!
After playing in the snow Grandpa Mike & Grandma Chris came in for cider and cocoa. It was great to spend time with them.
The kids are so excited for another snow day tomorrow that it was all they could talk about at bed time tonight. :) Love it!
xo,
Bethany
































2 comments:
What a gift today was, as we were driving into town the city shut down and I didn't have to go to work! Yeah snow :)) stopping by and getting to play in the snow with the kids was pure pleasure (but cold w/o gloves). Thanks Bethany for capturing the fun & the joy!!!
Gorgeous Bethany! So many memories captured beautifully. Especially love those rosy cheeks on Selah :)
Post a Comment