Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's been real

I think today was most likely our last snow day. The forecast says that rain is coming tomorrow and we're suppose to get up to 37 degrees.

Yesterday I stayed in while the kids played outside, but today I went out with them by chance it was our last day to take advantage of the snow.

Last May when Josh and I were in Mexico, there was a moment when I was floating around on my back in the pool, staring up at all of the palm trees, and the pool water filled my ears, so all I could hear was myself breathing, and it was so perfectly warm and calm. It was such a peaceful moment that I just soaked it up and I told myself to always remember that moment and feeling! I loved it. Sometimes when I'm out in the snow, and everything is blanketed with white and it's super quiet, it creates the same calming, peaceful feeling. Ahhh. Love it.
The fog was just beginning to roll in as the sun was setting...
This little winter wonderland has been such a treat! It will be sad to see it go, but I'm so thankful we had it! 

2 comments:

Sasha Cornelius Eggli said...

I am so happy you got snow! And how fun that you have a good sledding hill right behind the house!

I have really enjoyed all of your snow photos from your last few posts. They are beautiful! They have brought back memories of us cousins playing in the snow as kids(the few snow days we had) and have made me homesick for the farm house and for Grandmother and Granddad. When I saw the photo of the holly I got teary-eyed. This time of year always makes me think of Christmas at the farm house and how fun and special it was being there together as a family. I'm just itching for a good game of canasta! Thanks for sharing Bethany and for keeping the past alive.

Chelsi Ritter said...

so gorgeous bethany! soooo gorgeous my heart is aching quite a bit i'll be honest. i've never seen the farmhouse from this angle before; it's so neat to see it from your point of view. i'm glad you got some snow; looks like you really enjoyed it!