Monday, August 1, 2016

June

Summer has been wonderful with me not working this year! It's been a joy to not have a divided brain between home life and weddings. I turned down over 40+ events/sessions this year, and I'm really loving all of this time at home with the kids!

Summer is my favorite time of year!! I'm finding myself rarely getting onto my computer these days, but I want to be sure to post my phone pictures from end of May and June. :)

The kids did great on their end of the year testing. I haven't gotten Jude's scores back yet, but Selah took 3 tests and scored nearly perfectly. I was so proud of her. I loved the time I got with Ben while the other two took their tests.
Dentist appts with these cuties.
This is hands down one of my favorite books I have ever read. It has changed me. You'd never regret reading this book. 
Selah and Ben have a fairy garden and they made this little swing for their fairy. :)
My dad makes us laugh!
We got to spend a day with him around his birthday. We went to a bakery we'd been wanting to visit, spontaneously went strawberry picking, and then we had a super yummy lunch at a diner that was featured on a Food Network show for having incredible hot dogs. They were amazing!
Our chickens get taken for rides around here. ;)
We got to see a baby deer in our front yard minutes after it was born!
Pizza night out at the Original American Dream in Portland.
We enjoyed a day at the park with good friends.
Ben and cousin Nora watching the rain...
Uncle Craig and Sarah got married and we had fun celebrating them!
Uncle Eric cracks us up.
 Lots of fun playing in the orchard with family.
Tea party celebrating June birthdays with dear friends.
And more dear friends spoiling me with love on my birthday.
And sweet gifts!
Ben the magician!
These cute crazy kiddos! Oh my, I love them so much and love summer days with them!
They caught a big butterfly and then released it.
The grapes in the garden are beautiful!
I bought a beautiful mini white pumpkin from New Seasons last year and saved the seeds. I've been so excited to watch them grow!
The kids love seeing what's growing in the garden.
Selah and I found a fun website sharing really easy to style hair-dos. We loved this one.
Selah was sad to say goodbye to her sweet friend Selah, who recently moved. They had one last play date together. 
One day while Selah was at a birthday party, and the boys were with Josh, I enjoyed some quiet time in one of my favorite places. I love blueberry picking. :)
Selah petting a friend's goats.
We reconnected with Josh's best friend from high school! It inspired Josh and I to pull out old h.s. photos of us all. I'll have to post a "before and after" sometime.
The kids and I spontaneously made a candle and some blueberry jam one day. :)
The kids loved the jam so much they begged to go pick more berries so that more jam could be made.
Ben wanted to pose like this for his photo. (Ben loves to dress himself, and he always prefers to look a little classy.) :)
I got to spend an evening with my brother Matt and we watched a movie we saw a million times as kids, Flight of the Navigator.
The kids and I spent two days at my mom's while Josh was out of town. They had a lot of fun riding Ruby the pony.
Picking food for dinner. :)
Selah's biscuits coming out of the oven and blackberry/apple cobbler about to go in...
One last blueberry trip with friends and then time at the park. What a fun day with our besties. :)
And a fun evening at the Wilsonville Park with Josh and the kids. I sure love these long summer nights.

No comments: