Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Odelle Lake

Josh's family camps and fishes at Odelle Lake each year. We've joined many times for short camping trips and always enjoy our time there. It's such a beautiful place and the fishing is great! Camping hasn't been my favorite things since having kids, but it definitely gets easier and more enjoyable the older the kids get, and even more fun to me when we pack like minimalists! :) It almost seems more adventurous to see how little you can take.

Originally just Josh and Jude were going to go this year, but the other kids were begging to go too, and Josh and I hadn't seen much of each other the two weeks prior and I was really missing him, so we spontaneously joined and I'm so glad we did! We had a great time and the kids LOVED catching fish in Grandpa Mike's boat!

Josh and Mike got up around 3:30am to go fish, and the kids and I slept in until 8:30am. :) Then after breakfast we had fun walking around the lake, playing on the dock, seeing the little creek, and visiting the camp store to get suckers and a latte, before meeting up with Grandpa Mike & Josh to fish.
I always love this view from the little bridge:
Down by the camp store and docks...
When Mike and Josh picked us up at the dock they had already caught about 27 fish that morning! 
Ben was the first one of the kids to reel in a fish. He was super excited, but then didn't want to look at it when it first came into the boat. :)
Jude caught the next fish just a few mins later and was proud that it was bigger than Ben's. ;) Ha!
Then it was Selah's turn and she was so excited to get to reel one in!
No one really said it, but we were pretty sure Selah's fish was bigger than Jude's. ;) Shhhh...
Jude loves speed, so he asked Grandpa Mike to drive the boat back to the dock quickly. I love his smile!
Mike and Josh took off to clean fish, while the kids and I went back to camp to make lunch and roast marshmallows.
Thank you for such a special day, Grandpa Mike! We love you and we love fishing with you!

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

High five for going camping!! ;) I'm glad you had a good time. Wow 5:30 a.m!! That's some hard core fishing! It looks so pretty at Odelle Lake. I have to tell you, one of the highlights of my trip was getting to see your children. Getting to know them a little, seeing what their little personalities are like. Jude is really a beautiful boy. So handsome! I wish our kids could play. Next summer!! Seeing those sneakers on Selah made me smile because I just bought Aspen some All-Stars today (used) for $5! Love me some consignment shopping! And how do you manage looking like a million bucks when camping?! xoxo