We explored the old lighthouse and it's charming garden.
Chelsi knew of the perfect spot to have lunch and boy was it yummy!
That night we went over to Dad and Janet's for a big family pizza dinner. Ian and Kaylene were vacationing down the Oregon coast and came to join us too. What fun!
We pulled out the family history book and loved looking through Dad's family album.
Sasha & Demri, we missed you!
I sure love this bunch!
It was fun to take Chelsi over to my mom's too, to visit with her and see her beautiful property and horses.
On Sunday Chelsi and I drove out to our childhood homes and looked around. My how things have changed. Some trees are now huge, and others are gone. Roads have changed and so have views, but it was wonderful to be back for a glimpse. We drove up to my old house and the new owners were kind enough to let us walk through the house! It melted my heart. They even let me find my, and my brother's, hand prints in the cement around the swing set posts. So many memories and emotions. I'm glad I was with Chelsi to experience all of that again. I wish we could've walked through her house too. We tried dropping hints to the owners, but to no avail. I'm so thankful for our childhood and all of the memories we made in those beautiful homes of ours. What a gift to grow up near so much family.
Sunday afternoon we met up with Sheri at Bridgeport Village. We immediately grabbed lunch and the hostess seated us outside at a table in the center of the other tables and my first thought was, "Oh dear, if she only knew how loud we are going to be she would put us far off to the side." ;) We laughed a lot and had a great lunch. Then we headed up to Pittock Mansion to see the city view.
Sheri and Chelsi were best friends in jr. high and into h.s., and Josh and Sheri were good friends from church youth group. I think I met Sheri when I was a sophmore in h.s. The three of us had a great time together and it went by too quickly! I think we could've laughed away a solid few days!
Shadow selfies. ;)
Ah, what a treat to have Chelsi here. It went by so quickly that after she left I thought of a million more things I would've loved to talk about. :)
Thank you for such a wonderful weekend, Chelsi! Love you!!




















1 comment:
Thank you for not posting that scandalous picture of Sheri and me! :) Haha. I loved the weekend too, and yes it flew by and was wonderful. Thank you for being such a great hostess! It was fun (and emotional) visiting memories together <3
Post a Comment