Monday, August 8, 2016

End of July

I can't believe it's already August. Summer is flying by! These warm slow days feel like a rare treat - something I've never experienced with my kids before this summer (since I've worked long hours with photography for the past 10 summers) and I know the busy will be back in a blink with school starting. So even though I feel pressure sometimes, that I should be doing more, I'm just choosing to enjoy more of my kids right now, because everything else will still be there when they are grown and gone. xo
Selah loved celebrating her friend Elena's birthday at the end of July! These girls are so precious and so kind hearted, I just love being around them! They overflow with joy.
I recently read about a mother-daughter journal and I loved the idea! (To read the article explaining it, click here.) I had an empty journal on hand, so I wrote a note to Selah and I put it on her nightstand. She was so excited when I explained what it was and she quickly wrote me back. We've been writing notes back and forth to one another each day. I've either been telling her a little memory from my childhood, or pointing out the strengths I see in her that I love, or asking her a question, so that it gives her a little more to write about. It's been really special. I think the boys would like it too.
Sheri and I made a cobbler when she and her boys recently came to visit. The kids happily gobbled it up! :)
Janet, Mike & Josh at the recent orchard picnic.
That's when Ben got his face painted (before he broke his leg).
Cute little cousins with faces painted.
Summer's bounty.

1 comment:

TRiv said...

You are so right...time flies by way to quick! I love the idea of a journal, I think I'll start one with Viv! Thanks cousin! :-)