Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May Happenings...

May has been a fun month, full of friends' birthday parties, hanging out with family & friends, finishing up Awanas and winding down the school year! We had a couple of weeks in May where we had a social event every day. Phew! Kind of crazy, but lots of fun!

Selah and I recently picked some bouquets of the flowers that were almost all bloomed out around here, to be able to enjoy inside for the last bit. I can't help but think of my Granddad as I clip each bloom. His incredible work and planning still shines with each season!
Ahhhhh, these are my top three favorites. The purple roses smell like pez candy!
The garden is taking off and just so beautiful! We've been enjoying so many salads.
The romaine just continues to get larger and larger!
We had a lot of fun running in the sprinklers and playing outside when Sheri & her boys came to play early in the month.
Sheri cracks me up! We take things very seriously around here. (Chelsi, we need a 3rd amiga!) ;)
And I can't even make this stuff up... She dresses herself and you can almost always find her with a chicken in her arms. ;) I love this girl!
We ran some errands in Portland a couple weekends ago and took some time to go enjoy the waterfront.
The city looked so pretty in the sun.
Before we headed home we spontaneously stopped by to see Mauria, Craig & their precious family. We met up at a park and had a great time letting the kids play. We originally thought we'd be home before it got hot, so we didn't have any cool clothing for our kids... but Josh found a random bag of clothes that my Grandma had given us just days before that was still in the back of the car, so Selah put on a gymnast outfit with a skirt over it and Ben put on some swim shorts. ;) We made due!
Selah & Jonas building something...
Rolling down the hill...
I love this bunch!
Josh and I got to have a fun date night a couple weeks ago. The company he works for rented out a vintage movie theater and they showed the movie Star Wars & had concessions for all of the employees. It was a lot of fun. Josh took me to dinner beforehand. (Thank you Mom for watching the kids!!)
Celebrating Claire & Kalea's birthdays...
Celebrating "Selah from church"'s party at an art studio...
Celebrating Bailey's birthday....
The kids had their Awanas awards night a couple weeks ago. It was really sweet to watch them get their ribbons that they worked so hard for. And we enjoyed a treat with our sweet friends afterwards! Love their company!
Ben is such a ham in public! No fear in front of a crowd for this kid, in fact a crowd only adds fuel to his fire. ;) 
I love when these two are together.
Jude worked so diligently this year and loved every thing about Sparks!! (Even if this photo makes me look like I'm lying. ;) I'm not! I meant to grab a good pic of him outside and forgot to, so it was the only one I had.)
Time at the train park with this cute crew too...
Yum bowls dinner with family!
Gelato & game time with friends... thanks for the pic, Matt!
Jude surprised me with this recently!
More time at the train park, and climbing the dinosaur bones with daddy.
A Mother's Day gift from Ben. I love how he draws our family and that he always has his little forehead curl in his drawings. :)
Speaking of Mother's Day, we did a mini hike with family on Mother's Day...
It was a lot of fun. Love this bunch!
We've had several funny moments around here experiencing country life to it's fullest when neighbors' livestock gets loose. One day Josh walked outside and there were cows in the yard! As in five steps from the front door. Another time I found sheep in the orchard and next to the swing set. And we've found goats grazing a few times too. 
A week or so ago the goats decided to "visit" again when Granddad was here. He cleverly grabbed some straps to be able to make "leashes" so we could walk them back to the neighbors.
This sight just made me smile. Our life has changed a bit in the past two years! ;) I'm still loving all of these new experiences!
Our beautiful view while walking those goats home!:)
And look at this picturesque scene as we walked down the road... I wanted to take a little swing in the sunshine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! No kidding, you sure were busy busy! Such great pics. I may have stolen the one at the end on Mother's Day !

Jill said...

I might too :) . Fun pics. Fun times.