Grandma Janet recently gave us an Oregon hiking booklet, so Sunday afternoon we flipped through it and found a hiking loop near us to try out (Allen Throop Loop). We packed drinks and snacks into the backpack, and Ben made another sketch booklet right before we left so that he could draw the things he saw on the hike. ;)
I loved seeing so many wild purple iris flowers because they were all around our forest when I was growing up.
When we first got to the top I was amazed at the view, not realizing it was only going to get more beautiful the further on we went!
It was incredible to stand there and recognize so many landmarks! I realized that we could see my Dad and Janet's neighborhood from there, all of Philomath and Corvallis, Reser Stadium, the 3 sisters, etc...
Ben was so cute that day. He packed his handy binoculars on this hike and loved using them!
(He was also really excited to put this outfit together for church because he had a #9 on his shirt AND pants. They matched! ;) It was one of those moments that I really wanted to make him wear nicer pants, but I just couldn't quench his joy. It was too precious!! Just like him.)
Josh overlooking the town he grew up in.
Our view of Philomath.
"Mom, take a picture of me by this rock."
The arrow points to Dad & Janet's neighborhood. :)
Tired little legs on the way back to the car.
Jude has become such a helper these days, eager for a bit more responsibility. :) He offered to carry everyone's things, and even had Selah's sweatshirt draped around his neck by the end.
I'm looking forward to visiting this spot again this summer.




















No comments:
Post a Comment