My mom requested to take the kids for a night (thanks mom!) so yesterday we thought it would be fun to go for a hike at Clear Lake. When we arrived it was much colder than we'd expected (even though I'd worn 4 layers based on the forecast)! And we had planned to rent a row boat... but we knew it would be even colder out on the water, so that idea was out. We sat in the warm car and thought through our plan for a minute. Then I began to notice all of these couples coming out of the resort store with warm white drink cups. So we ordered a couple of hot drinks and decided to go enjoy about 1/3 of the hike (which still took about an hour each way). It turned out to be a lot of fun! There were a lot of cute little bridges, and some really beautiful waterfalls very close by that we ended up going to. We strolled, hand-in-hand, and talked about our 5 year plan and dreamed about future goals. We talked about our precious kids and the memories we want to make with them. I loved every minute just wandering the lake with my best friend. And we stopped for
Happy Anniversary to the man I never knew I could possibly love more! He's SO loving & humble, caring & hardworking/serving, encouraging & joyfully positive. He makes me laugh with his witty side comments that I love. That teasing twinkle he gets in his eye, Ben has definitely inherited. ;) And he has made me feel like the most treasured girl in the world for the past 13 years. I'm pretty sure I hit the jackpot. I love you Josh! xoxo
That's not algae, that's the bottom of the lake! The water is SO clear!
Another month. Another year.
Another smile, another tear.
Another winter and another summer too.
But there can never be another you.











4 comments:
I think you both hit the jackpot. Well done.
Thanks Dad! And thanks for always being the best example of what an exceptional man looks like! Love you.
I agree with Dad ! As always spectacular photos ! The 3day Anniversary has given me some wonderful gramma times and memories too. Win. Win .
Happy 13th! Smart going with the 3 day weekend thing, so clever! Gosh was your wedding really 13 years ago?! Love you both & glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment