Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Jude's 9th Birthday & Easter

We had a great time celebrating Jude's 9th birthday! He originally asked if he could have a Lego birthday party and invite a group of guys. "Absolutely!" I said. But as his birthday grew closer, in keeping with his tradition, he told me that he wanted to forgo the party and instead go to Chuck E Cheese with just me. ;) So that's what we did, and we had a great time together!
Jude & I played a lot of games, and we got cotton candy & prizes and I ate up every bit of one-on-one time with him. 
Then we went home to have our mini family party. We gave Jude half of his presents before heading to dinner.
Ben was really excited for Jude to be opening up Lego sets. :)
We went to Papa's Pizza and let the kids play in the play area until we were the last ones there. ;)
And then came home for mini cupcakes without frosting. :)
We got up Sunday morning to mini Easter baskets & Legos with the kids, and then went to church. It was a great service and Jude loved telling everyone it was his birthday. :) Then we went over to my mom's house and had an Easter egg hunt, big lunch, and birthday party for Jude. He loved it and it was sweet to see him give out big hugs to each person, thanking them for his gifts.
When we got back home and tucked Jude into bed, he informed us that it was the best birthday ever. :) What every parent wants to hear!

Jude, we love you SO much!! You are such a gift to us, and you bring so much joy to our family. I love the ways that you are growing and maturing. I love that you are learning to care more for others, and how to be helpful. I love the ways that you think about the things, your laugh and humor, and how much you love your family. Your tender, sweet heart makes me want to overly hug you, even though that makes you crazy, sometimes. ;) I love your enthusiasm when you are super excited about something, and I love that you are learning to control your frustrations and make wise choices. I am SO thankful that God gave us you. He made a gem when He made you. xoxo. We love you Jude-e-bootie! ;)

No comments: