Monday, June 15, 2015

June's Field of Gold

I was at my mom's one evening, and as the sun was going down I saw the pasture behind her barn glowing with a blanket of beautiful yellow flowers. I knew I had to return to get some photos of the kids. Jude was busy driving the little Jeep around, so I didn't get to snap any of him, but Selah and Ben had a lot of fun running around in the flowers. 
I love this goofy face she makes!
Isaac, Evan and Sheri came down to spend another day with us in the sunshine! 
We sure love their company and friendship!
Girl cousins... too sweet.
We had so much fun celebrating my Dad's birthday a few weeks ago, with a family dinner! I sure love my family and time together! xoxo
My dear friend Hayley and I went to a Portland conference called Wild & Free a couple weeks ago at the Kennedy School. We got to enjoy down time, great speakers encouraging us in our journey of sweet motherhood, good food, the soaking pool, and we met a new friend there. It was a fun weekend! Thanks again Hayley for suggesting we go!
Selah was given a caterpillar/butterfly garden for her birthday and the kids had a lot of fun watching the process, and releasing 5 beautiful butterflies. That's Ben Flash holding a butterfly in case you're wondering. ;)
These moments make me smile. <3
Josh's dad and my dad have been blessing us with the abundant gifts of their time and immense talents in helping us build a really nice chicken coop. Our first one was temporary and this one has jokingly been called the Hen-Mahal. It's great! It will hopefully be finished next weekend & we're so, so thankful for their help.
The other day I walked into the kitchen and saw Ben doing what he does every day, he was lost in the world of his imagination, playing with his Legos. I made a mental note to never forget that moment, though, because even though it's a common ever day thing, there was just something extra sweet about it. As I walked out of the kitchen and I could hear his sweet little voice I knew I had to grab my camera. ;)
Speaking of Legos... Jude wrote me a note next to his bed the other day... ;)
Another sweet little moment I didn't want to forget... She set up a cozy spot in the living room to read her Bible. <3
My mother-in-law, Chris, has been helping me sew a slipcover (it's been so much fun to learn!) and one day as we were sewing, I walked by this scene several times: Selah, Ben & Jude were playing Legos in the sunroom and they created a jungle world out of the nearby plants. They played this for well over an hour and at one point I stopped to just watch and listen, and I had to smile because the main plant they were playing with was the bamboo plant that was given to us when we lost our first daughter, Melaina. For a brief moment, I almost felt like all four of my kids were there together.
My friend Ann invited us to join them at the carousel museum, and we loved it!! 
The antique carousel will open in the next year or so. Volunteers are hand carving each piece to go on it, and we got to see them at work, ask questions about the process and look all around their work space. I loved seeing each stage of the pieces, ranging from large blocks of wood, to the smooth, glossy finished product.
I love the friendship that Selah & Elana have! Two cute little peas in a pod.
We got to meet the man who made this elephant, along with the help of his wife.
We saw some of the antique carousel pieces from the late 1800's that came from Germany & France, I believe.
I don't know why I love this next photo so much, but I just do. It looks like childhood summer to me. :)
After the museum we played & ate lunch at the park.
I'm so thankful for Ann's friendship and time with their family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! Already such a busy month for you guys! <3

Chelsi Ritter said...

I loved reading this post; all the special mommy moments you shared, and of course seeing Sheri. I would looove to join you guys sometime soon ;)
I listened to a podcast a few weeks ago about carousels and antique carousels so it is really fun to see the photos you took at the museum. You guys are staying busy doing some really neat things; so fun to read about them!