A couple weeks ago we went down to my Dad and Janet's to celebrate my birthday a month late by doing a dinner and canasta cards night with my family. I was having so much fun I apparently forgot to take a picture! :( But the next morning we went to church with my Dad and Janet & I got a picture of Jude and Granddad at their church picnic, and one of Selah on the playground swing there. Dad and Janet are part of such a sweet little church, full of precious people. We always love visiting.
Dad and Janet also watched the kids that Saturday so that Josh and I could help our friends, Matt & Jana, do some fence work on their beautiful new farm property. We got to meet some of their other friends that day and we had a great time! I'm so excited for all God's doing in their lives with this new land of theirs.
That weekend on the way home we also got to meet up with my childhood friend, Kathy. She and her husband & their 4 kids have been living in China the last two years and were home visiting. We took all our kids on the carousel, and then let them play at a park nearby. It was so great to catch up with her and I'm already looking forward to seeing her again in two years!
Ben didn't want to go on the carousel. :) But here's a random picture of him one night brushing his teeth and sorting beans... multi-tasking at it's finest.
... or maybe I was busy with these two little partners in crime! :)
I was super excited for the Olympics to start this year! We've been glued to the tv every night since they've started. I work on the couch while we watch. I LOVE the men & women's gymnastics (men's makes me think of my athletic dad!), watching Michael Phelps and Missy Franklin in swimming, and the sprinting in track (since I was a sprinter myself... I need to check and see if I still hold my HS school record in the 400 meter race!) :)
We all got cozy and went to watch the opening ceremonies with my mom. I found it funny that my outfit for a late July day (during that cold stretch) looked like something from January!
Benjamin is officially ADDICTED to driving the Jeep at my mom's!! I'm actually quite impressed with his driving skillz.
He doesn't find it funny though, when someone else gets behind the wheel! But Jude finds keep-away to be a funny game. ;)
Hammock Cuddles!!
The kids were really excited to feed Ruby Jewel (their pony at Gramma's house) that night and help put her to bed. They got to ride her the next morning before we went home.
Oh, and Benjamin may have snuck in a little more time behind the wheel...
That weekend we also got to go out on a double date with our friends Drew & Marisa. We went to a neat event that was sponsored by Drew's work/company. There was great music, great food, and of course great company! (Thanks you guys!)
That night we came home to a sick baby. :( Poor Benjamin got some really weird "12 hour bug". He was fine by the next afternoon. Then poor Selah got it, and then Jude... but again it only lasted about 12 hours. So thankfully it was a quick one! Jude woke up one morning and fell right back asleep on the couch soon after he woke up. That's when I knew he had it too, since he never naps or falls asleep on the couch.
Benjamin has fallen in love with BOOKS! He asks for us to read to him all the time. I love it.
The kids woke up one morning and asked for a theater... so we whipped one up with scrap fabric and our glue gun. We made puppets out of pictures we printed off the computer, taped to sticks. :) Hours of fun!!
One of the kid's favorite puzzles...
Lover of beans!
Josh's Dad has been going through some rigorous treatments for his cancer (and it's been having a positive effect!!). He's been in and out of the hospital for this treatment though, weeks on and weeks off. ChrisMom has been by his side every minute, and doing a great job caring for him and their home/property, supporting him and updating everyone on his progress! She took a couple hours away from the hospital this week to go with us to the zoo. We had a great time and loved every minute of it!
We saw this fly over us at the grocery store after church today! So cool - and loud!
Tonight after I got home from a photo shoot we took a quick family walk - it was warm and wonderful.
Ben kept wanting to sit on this part of the sidewalk. He'd stop every few feet to sit again. :)





























1 comment:
stayed up late having soooo much fun looking at every single one of these really great snaps of summer ! will come back later and snag a few for my Gramma Smile Bringer album :)
and btw I was amazed by the entry re Jude's stutter! I noticed and wondered if I was imagining it ?! my gosh I'm proud of that boy and thankful for his dedicated parents. His therapies are just rockin it!!! thrilled.
Post a Comment