**Disclaimer** I'm blogging a lot of Jude details in our life to be able to document his progress/appts./treatment.
Jude had another appointment with the specialist two weeks ago to talk more about an Asperger diagnosis. She's still on the fence about it, because Jude's social issues all match up perfectly to Aspergers, but other parts of him don't. She said that not every kid fits into the perfect box or description of it, and Jude is one of those kids. She'd like to see him again this fall during the school year to talk more about it then. I don't feel like a label at this point would change anything in our personal life anyway, but I get it. We're getting great treatment for his sensory issues, and I think he's been maturing really well this year, and I looking forward to all he'll learn socially at school this coming year. He's doing a great job!!
One fascinating thing that stands out each time we're at his dr. appt with this specialist, is his pattern/math loving mind. :) The doctor always sets up a bin of toys to see how he will play with them. Like usual, he took out each car from the bin and sorted them based on type/size, and was very interested in every car's color and name as he lined them up in a perfect line. He also created a great pattern on a magnet drawing board, and covered the whole board in his pattern - all created on his own, while the doctor and I were talking. I told her how he likes math and can do math in his head. Just watching the way his mind works through these last 3 appointments, she commented that he'll probably end up in a profession someday that involves some kind of linear thinking. I've noticed him also taking great interest in things he sees on the PBS kids Cat in the Hat show, like, sonic booms, speed of light, and inertia. ;) I hate to even admit that I've had to google things he's told me a couple times just to makes sure what he was saying was correct.
Today we did some coloring. Ben chose markers, Selah chose colored pencils, and Jude chose crayons. It was fun watching them create.
Ben worked hard at trying to get the marker lids off and scribbled with each color. He had lots of fun and then went down for his nap (no pics of him). Selah created a scene with apple trees, and an "apple crusher" that made cider right there next to the trees, a farmer with a hat, the sun shining and a rainbow. Love it! I want to be right there in her picture. :) Jude drew a rainbow and sun too, and then asked me how to draw a jewel. So I drew one on his paper and he said, "Oh, that has 5 sides, it's like an upside-down pentagon, Mom". Then he colored the jewel with a speckled colors in it and said, "See, the sun is reflecting in my jewel and making a rainbow of colors."
Apple trees, the "apple crusher" cider press, sun and rainbow.
Jude telling me about the sunlight reflecting in his jewel, making a rainbow of colors.
Posting picture on fridge and making a silly face.

.jpg)





1 comment:
I think he's going to be a genius! I had to go back and read what Jude said about the jewel. [then asked me how to draw a jewel. So I drew one on his paper and he said, "Oh, that has 5 sides, it's like an upside-down pentagon, Mom". Then he colored the jewel with a speckled colors in it and said, "See, the sun is reflecting in my jewel and making a rainbow of colors."] Thanks for sharing these little gems in your lives!!!
Post a Comment