The kids, all three, helped me pit the cherries today, bag them for the freezer, and put them on the dehydrator trays! So proud of them for working hard with me! (We started bright and early!) And at Selah's request we also threw a few bananas on our dehydrator trays, which she and Jude cut all by themselves! Dehydrated bananas of course make me think of my Grandma Gayle. <3 I love that Selah loves them too.

I sure love that sweet girl there!!
Here are my iphone photos:
Beautiful orchard! Ah, loved being out there! Of course the evening light was just beautiful and I couldn't help but think about how fun it would be to photograph families, or cute kids on wood fruit crates & old quilts out there, or in any orchard. :)
Josh standing on the back edge of the truck... Matt would drive the truck under a tree and then we'd all pick from the back bed of the truck. There were some hay bales in the back, too, that we would stand on get get even higher. Then once we had that portion of the tree picked over, Matt would move the truck to the next part of the tree and we'd pick it clean. These no-spray cherries are such a gift. Josh and I picked about 40 lbs.
Thank you for such a fun night, Matt & Jana, Claire & Kalea!
I can't help but notice how tired I'm looking in photos lately... yikes! Photo on right: Jude taking a turn with the cherry pitter. He did really well with it, but just didn't last very long since I can imagine how tiring it would be for a kid. But I was so happy he got right in there to help me!
Jude taking a turn slicing bananas and making a token silly face. And here Benjamin is flipping lights on and off - cheap thrills. :)
Selah's silly face too... ;)
Jude creatively made a happy face out of his slices, and Benjamin helped me load the pitted cherries onto the trays. We'll be so thankful for these all year long!










2 comments:
Oh my, I am jealous, 40lbs of no spray cherries!
So fun! Love the perfect 2-stem pic at the top! It screams SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (At last!). Excited to see you tonight and pick your brain on g-free! So far, so good, but still lots of questions for you.
Post a Comment