I got to go out to Hood River to do a photo shoot last night, and I always love it out there! Originally Josh and I had planned to take our family out there and stay the night in some cute little place, but my session rescheduled to a weekend that already had another session booked, so I drove out there by myself. At first I was kind of bummed at the thought of going alone, because I know how much Josh and I enjoy the scenic drive out there together, but I had a great time enjoying the solitude! I popped in the new JJ Heller cd and sang to my heart's content, and also enjoyed some silence. Man, what a gorgeous drive it always is! I even found a drive-thru Starbucks before I headed up the hill to my client's home. :)
Speaking of, this was the view from their backyard:
Another angle from the front of their house. Just beautiful!
The drive home was incredible too, with the sun setting! I couldn't resist snapping a couple iphone pics...
I've had a lot of great time to think this week, even though it's been busy. That is the silver lining to the crazy season, it always causes me to do some deep thinking and life evaluating. I've been thinking a lot about choices. How my life can be full of good things, but do I choose to spend my time on the best things? {Along with that I read a quote somewhere recently that said, "Women can have it all... just not in the same decade." I thought that was such a true quote. :)} From choosing how I will spend my time, to choosing what attitude I will have each day, to choosing who I will put first in my life... my day is full of choices. And I've been thinking that for the rest of this year I'd love for the word "Choose" to by my "word" to think about each day. I want to Choose Joy each morning. Choose to put God & His Word first in my heart. Choose my children before my work and let go of excess things. Choose contentment and thankfulness for all I have today! Not what I wish I had, but for all I've been ridiculously blessed with! Choose to purposely focus on what really matters... And I'm asking God to help me as I try my best each day! :)
"Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life..."
-Deuteronomy 30:19-20.


2 comments:
wow. thank you for this meaningful personal share. even your MOTHER needed that. I love being on this journey with you - no turning back, no turning back . And yes to Deuteronomy 30:19-20 . YES !
Thanks for sharing your heart Bethany. It was all truth and wisdom. Being a young mother is a most difficult time but also a most blessed time. So many women I fear dont slow down and choose their families..in Gods wisdom I know that wont be you! Love Antie Carleen PS: the pictures were AWESOME
Post a Comment