
I'm really proud of Jude's growth this year and his maturity. When we started this school year I use to have to really work closely with him on each step because he had this almost anxiety/fear of failure thing going on. If he cut outside of the dotted line he'd cry and give up. Or if the glue didn't spread smoothly he'd get so frustrated he'd quit. I had to adjust my expectations on certain things and help him a lot in the beginning in order for him to grow in confidence and see that he is more than able to do these things and it's totally ok if they aren't done perfectly. He's doing a really good job these days! I almost get giddy when he makes a mistake and kind of laughs at his error and fixes it with a little smile. He's come so far. There are still areas to mature in, but I'm celebrating these great steps. Way to go Jude-ee-booty! :)
Selah has picked up on how to sound out words this week. It's fun to watch her figure it out. She loves to write her name and draw. The other day she drew me an angry robot. Her drawings often convey some sore of emotion - so girl! :) Love it.

It's been so nice and sunny out, but also so cold, so we've been indoors a lot lately. Selah and Jude got a bunch of new dress up clothes from my Grandma for Christmas again this year. Selah loves to wear them around the house all day.
This last photo here is of a dry erase board we have that has some math problems on it. We've never used that board until this week. Jude definitely prefers working with numbers over having to practice writing letters or drawing a picture. Every day he asks me something like, "Mom, what is 74 plus 23?" So I show him how to figure out the answer with a pencil and paper. His face lights up when we figure out the answer. So I had him try these math problems on the board with me the other day. He did great! He was too intimated to write the #5 and one of the 4's, so I had to do those for him, but he did the others just fine and answered all the problems.
I hope you're all staying well and enjoying this sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment