Thursday, November 3, 2011

What is it about Popcorn?!

Jude was a late crawler and we always tell the story about how a bowl of popcorn was his motivation to finally crawl. He never seemed to care until one day I set a bowl of popcorn on the floor and he just up and crawled right over to it!!

Well, there are a couple things that get Benjamin really excited... an open dishwasher (because he thinks it's a giant toy box) and a bowl of popcorn!

Benj took a really early nap today, so I didn't even bother to dress him before he went down for his nap, but don't worry, the rest of us showered, dressed and got ready. (I just don't want people thinking we live in our pj's EVERY day... since I tend to blog about the days we do school in our pj's.) :) When Benjamin woke up from his nap I knew I was going to feed him banana and avocado, so I still held off to dress him, because really, what would be the point, unless I just wanted to change him again?! While he was eating his banana and avocado, I made Selah and myself a bowl of whirly-pop popcorn. YUMMY! (We made kettle corn... just popcorn, sugar, salt and oil). Jude isn't that into popcorn anymore. I then cleaned up Benjamin, set him down and cleaned his chair. When I turned around I saw this:
He had made a bee-line for Selah's bowl of popcorn that she had left within reach. He was eating it as fast as he possibly could! It was like a crazy starving child wolfing down a meal as fast as he could! Popcorn brings out something special in my children.

I'm happy to report that Benjamin has since been dressed for the day. Phew! ;) Isn't he so cute? :)


No comments: