Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Benjamin's First Steps

So, Benjamin took his first steps yesterday! It was pretty unexpected in the moment. He was standing at his Leap Frog table playing, and I was on the floor next to him, and he turned and took two steps to me and fell into my arms!! I was beyond excited. :) I gave him the biggest hug and put him right back to see if he'd do it again and sure enough he did and a third time too! The fourth time he decided to just sit down. He was done. :)

Well today I was making a little video for Grandma Jill, and Benjamin took 4 steps! PLEASE ignore my annoying voice in it. :) I sound ridiculous, but I was so excited for him. :) Here's our little man walking...


Bed time has still been going really well for Benjamin. He's doing great to sleep through the night consistently. I love singing to him each night as he's getting drowsy. I sing the same two songs I always sang to Jude & Selah when they were babies and I'd put them to bed. The first is Into My Heart by Psalty the Singing Songbook. Such a precious song. And the second is a worship song that was my favorite when I was in high school. It's still a favorite today, called Break My Heart.
I couldn't find it anywhere online! I guess I'm not super surprised since it's from a somewhat unknown cd called "Dreams of God". The lyrics are beautiful and always stir my heart when I sing it. I just love these words...

Father, make me more like you
Break this heart of stone,
Make it something you can use

Jesus, cleanse me with your blood
Take this empty vessel
And fill it with your love

There's a place within my heart
That longs and cries for only You
There's a burning in my soul
To see the bride united with the groom
Let the children come and fall upon their knees before you
Burn it in my heart, to see the dreams of God come true

Won't you break my heart
With the things that break yours?
Break my heart
For those who have not heard your voice

1 comment:

Hello From the Kings! said...

Oh what a cutie!!! Those first steps are just adorable. I just listened to the Psalty song and it brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful thing for our children to hear. I am amazed that I haven't heard that song since I was a little girl and I was able to sing every word! It is so important to hide his word in our hearts(and songs like this too) and what a gift to pass on to our children!