Friday, November 4, 2011

For the Children's Sake...

I've been reading a really thought provoking book. I'm only able to get through small chunks at a time with the available moments I have here and there, but I'm seeing this book as a treasure. It's speaking to my heart in the place I'm at, and I'm really thankful for it's pieces of parenting wisdom. It's called For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay.

I wish I had time to share all the great things I've read so far. It's really making me think about our pace, how to give consideration to my children, how to slow down so I can see and understanding their needs (their little hearts), how to teach right and wrong vs. "just because I said so", and parenting out of firm love, rather than from that exhausted frustrated place that it is so easy to fall into! This stage of life is no cake walk! But it's rich and wonderful, and I want to do my best so badly... I'm looking down the road, knowing this will go quickly, and I want to do all I can to help my children grow into strong adults who can lean on the Lord in their times of weakness. I can see now why my parents prayed for us every day... this is a big job!
(Photo credit to Jude, and a tripod, for taking this picture of Selah and me this past summer. He loves to be our little photographer.) :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

this just melted my heart. Your expression radiates joy and mama pride so obviously due to the raving beauty ( inside and out ) upon your lap and also obviously, because of your mention, due to mr mini-me the photog. I predict :)