I was up late editing photos last night, and as I was waiting for some pictures to load I checked my google reader (blog list). A friend of mine blogged an Advent Calendar link and I followed it, and in the end discovered Ann Voskamp and her writings, and I'm hooked! http://www.aholyexperience.com/ann-voskamp/
What a beautiful heart she has! I love that her words are so uplifting and encouraging! I know I'm late to discover her writings, but I'm so glad I have!
I asked Josh for her book, One Thousand Gifts, for Christmas. Here's a little page about the book and how Ann Voskamp came about writing it: http://onethousandgifts.com/a-letter-from-ann
She writes on choosing gratitude, joyful parenting, making your house a home of grace, and so many other things! (Click on the joyful parenting link - I just loved it!)
So back to clicking on the Advent Calendar link from my friend's blog... I've been on the hunt for the past couple of years for a special Advent Calendar for our family. I've seen so many wonderful ones, but none that I've jumped on yet, and last night I was so excited when I came across her "Jesus Advent Celebration". I think it's so wonderful and am excited to start a special family tradition this year and let the kids help make the ornaments to mix into our Christmas tree! Here's the link if you've been looking for one too! A Jesus Advent Celebration.
Since every blog post is more fun with pictures, I have a couple camera phone pictures to share today. :)
A picture Selah drew of our family. I thought it was so sweet. :) She says that the extra little circles/people at the bottom were mistakes because she stared them too small.

And Jude and Selah wanted a picture of themselves standing by Benj, now that he stands. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment