Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

We had such a great night tonight! We aren't big Halloween people, but tonight we had a really fun time as a family! Last year we didn't know what to do about Jude's gluten and dairy allergies and just stayed home. We had bought treats to hand out and Jude was SO excited to hand them out last year, but not one single person rang our door bell. Jude went to bed so bummed out and talked about it for months. :( Poor kid! So we thought it through and decided this year we'd make it really fun and let the kids go trick-or-treating, but have them trade in their candy when we get home for toys.
Our plan worked like a charm! We had a blast! We walked around a great nearby neighborhood that surrounds a park we like to play at, and Jude and Selah excitedly hustled to each door. They used such great manners and talked with anticipation about the toy surprise that was waiting at home.
I loved all of these leaves on the ground! Josh was so nice to shoot pics most of the night, so I wanted to get a pic of him and the kids in all of these beautiful leaves.
When we got home, they handed over their entire bag of candy and Josh traded out their candy and put toys in their bags. They each got a little movie that I ordered from Christian Supply, a yo-yo (which Selah often mistakenly calls a yoo-yoo) and Jude got a Diesel Engine he'd been hoping for for several months and Selah got a My Little Pony she had asked for just about every time we went to Target or anywhere like that, since early summer. They were both pretty surprised.
I love when Josh laughs with the kids.
A couple fun things tonight:
When we opened the door to go tonight Selah said, "Look! A crescent moon!" I was so proud of her for remembering that from school when we learned about the moon a couple weeks ago.
You'll also notice that she decided to wear another princess costume tonight than she did a couple nights ago.
And Jude decided that some worker goggles would be a great addition to his cowboy costume. :) He wore them the ENTIRE time we were out. I asked him once if he could see ok and he said he was fine. I love kids!

No comments: