Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Drill bits and a Greenhouse

The kids and I had a great day at Granddad Kevin & Grandma Janet's! I forgot my camera, so I used theirs. (Thanks you!) :)
Dad is building a greenhouse and Jude loved getting to see Granddad in action, getting to be his helper, and getting to hand him drill bits and screws!
What a GORGEOUS fall day it was too! Wow!!
I brought along our homeschool curriculum so that we could learn the Letter L (for leaf!) while we were here. The kids did their worksheet and did a good job practicing their writing. Selah wrote her name 100% by herself today for the first time! I'm so proud of her, and for only being 3 1/2.
Love the "E". :)
I love seeing Jude work and concentrate. He always knows the answers to the things I ask him during school.
Lunch today was special. Jude took a long time to eat it as usual, but I got to spend some extra time just one on one with him while Benj was napping and Selah was off playing.
He was telling me some stories and we played chef and even took a silly photo together at his request.
Jude is doing AMAZINGLY well! This next level of treatment with his "gut healing" (probiotics, multi-vitamin, B12, cod liver oil, along with his already stable gfcf diet) is doing wonders! And it's only just been a couple weeks now. Jude made great improvement when we went gfcf (gluten free, casein/dairy free) a yr and a half ago, but he still had a lot of rough days. You could just tell he didn't feel well and it really affected his moods. Taking these extra things to promote healing, Jude has gone from a consistently mildly-grumpy child to a regular feel-good child! It's just still unbelievable to me! I honestly can't believe he's been waking up each day with a smile and ready to talk! He use to wake up each day hesitantly approaching anyone and saying, "Don't talk to me!" On his really bad days he use to wake up hitting walls or banging his head against a wall. Now he wakes up with a smile and is affectionate and loves to chat!! Just night and day different. I still brace myself wondering when it's all going to come crashing down. But we're going on a couple weeks of this new Jude and it seems to only get better. Today I overheard him saying to Selah, "Oh thank you Selah, that was so kind of you." Haha! Trust me, not a normal thing to hear him say. He's been agreeable, fun, expressing his feelings well, communicating his constant hunger, and just overall much more pleasant. I can't thank God enough for this ever increasing return of my boy - my precious Jude bug.
Thank you Lord!

This evening Granddad Kevin & Grandma Janet put the plastic over the newly constructed greenhouse. The kids ran through it excitedly and also played with "ear muffs", as Jude calls them.
Ah, there's nothing like a fall day outside in boots!
Way to go Dad and Janet on a beautiful greenhouse! I know Janet will grow many yummy things in there.

No comments: