Eight.
Eight! It's going by so quickly.
And every year I love each of my kids more. More than I ever thought possible! <3
I love this image of Jude. <3 He's such a handsome boy.
The other night I asked Jude if I could take a few quick photos of him because he was turning 8. It was actually pretty dark outside when I asked him, so my ISO was as high up as it would go, and I shot at f/1.2 (wide open) to pull in as much light as possible. Cameras are amazing because it looks much lighter in these photos than it was! I loved that these photos were just him being himself, nothing posed.
See... just him being himself. ;)
A few weeks ago we asked the kids what they would like to do for their birthdays this year. Selah requested an art party (which now has turned into a Frozen party) and Jude wanted a party at home with just our immediate family, and to go to Chuck E Cheese again. ;) I still have no idea where he ever heard of it, but he loves it for a birthday spot! We got 250 coins for the kids to share and they played games and road the little rides for a couple of hours, and Jude loved it.
Then we came home and had our family party. Granddad Kevin & Grandma Janet brought over Jude's gift yesterday, as well as Grandma Chris. Today Grandma Jill & Papa Wayne brought their gift by (as well as some of Wayne's amazing chili and g-free bread!), and tomorrow Granny (Great Grandma Joyce) & Ol' Papa will bring theirs by. He is a blessed boy to have so many wonderful grandparents who love him, and live so close by! We are grateful!
A couple of crazies... ;)
Jude does this funny thing when he's opening presents, where he closes his eyes and pretends he didn't see what was under the torn wrapping paper so that he can be surprised a little bit more. :) It's pretty cute!
Giving was the theme this birthday. Two nights ago Selah wrapped up one of her very favorite stuffed animals and gave it to Jude. Later on he asked me, "Mom, did Selah give this to me because she loves me?" I answered yes. Jude thought for a second and then said, "I want her to keep it because I love her so much."
I seriously thought I was going to melt into the floor. My mama heart was proud. I love when they show love for one another.
Well, last night Selah and Ben were still in the spirit of giving and they wrapped up (in brown paper bags, storage bins and socks) more gifts for Jude. Ben gave him some of his special super hero toys and told Jude he could play with them forever and ever. :) Too sweet. Here's a pic of Jude opening them and you can see Ben's hand off to the side explaining that there were 3 toys in there. :)
We are so crazy in love with you Jude and thank God that he gave us YOU! You've taught me so many things as a mom, and I'm so proud of the boy you are. I love your gentle heart, your sense of humor, your love for your family, that you're spirited, fearless, and you're a saver, your passion for numbers, your truthfulness, and how you say, "are you serious?!" because you take everything so literally. We adore you!
I know that 8 is going to be a great year!
I love you Jude! My Jude Bug. xo. Happy Birthday! xo
I know that 8 is going to be a great year!
I love you Jude! My Jude Bug. xo. Happy Birthday! xo
















No comments:
Post a Comment