Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekly Update from the Camera Phone :)

Somebody got his cast off! Yay!! And what was the first thing we let our little guy do after getting his strong stance back? Take a bath!!

One of Benjamin's favorite things is a bath. It was so hard for him to watch the big kids in the tub the past 3 weeks. He would stand at the edge and "beg" to be let in. Everything has healed up well and he seems much more comfortable having his foot freedom back! :) He's walking just like his old self.

Last Friday night my mom had a "grandkid" night! She offered to take the kids so that Josh and I could have a night and day to ourselves. This was the first time Benjamin ever spent a night away from us. Man, it was much harder on me than I expected, but once we got to having some fun with friends I was quite distracted and did fine. Benjamin on the other hand may not have even noticed we were gone. :) Thank you Mom for the break! The silence here was a bit eerie, :) but the quality time together was wonderful!

Friday night we went to PF Changs with our friends Drew & Marisa and then came here to play games. We had so much fun! We always find ourselves laughing so hard with them! Sadly, these are the only two photos I took that night. Neither are in focus. I was probably laughing while trying to take them. I guess you had to be there for these to be funny or to make any sense. :)

Selah goes with me to Bible study each week and we always stop for a smoothie & latte on the way home. It's our little weekly girl date and I always look forward to it. I love asking her questions and hearing her chatter from the backseat.

I also love my time with Jude each week when I take him to sensory therapy. It's a treat to get that one-on-one time with each kid!
This week Jude did a lot of physical play that totally wore him out! Wow! He spent a lot of time literally climbing up the inside "walls" of the hammock. We need to get one of those!! ;) He'd dive into the lower hammock and then have to climb up the sides to the top, turn around and flop into the upper hammock. He did this several times, with Miss M spotting him.

He also asked if he could swing. He'd launch himself off of the steps.

Miss M had a new activity for Jude this week. I was really curious to see how Jude would respond. She told him they could make snow men out of shaving cream. Now, if you know Jude, then you know he would love something like this just as long as HE didn't have to actually touch the shaving cream. His initial response actually surprised me! He put his hand completely in it! But then when he realized it was going to stick to him and be messy he got anxious and wanted to clean up right away, which he did. The idea behind this activity is for Jude to learn to be ok with messy. He was ok with Miss M getting messy, just not himself. But this is a great first step!! We talked about it on the drive home and I loved hearing his thoughts. I asked him about how it felt and smelled and if it was fun and the way he talked about it made me think he'd be open to it again. Good job buddy!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

that's wonderful you and josh got some alone time. thank heavens for generous grandparents!!
did you sponge bathe benjamin while he was wearing his cast? poor thing; oakley stands and begs to be put into the tub whenever he walks by it; he'd go nuts without a bath for three weeks. yay benjamin! sounds like jude is making a lot of progress bethany; congrats!