We had a great time at California Adventure on our third day. We ended up only spending one day there, since we enjoyed Disneyland so much more. But our one day was wonderful!
The first thing we did there was watch the Frozen musical show. It was excellent and absolutely worth spending an hour at it! There was a short wait, so we played reverse charades.
We had fun checking out Cars Land, but didn't ride the ride until evening time.
I was most excited for Jude to walk around Flo's V8 Cafe since he use to play with that toy so much when he was a young boy.
The sweetest thing about the Cars ride (to me) was that Jude has wanted to ride it for years. Cars was his favorite movie when he was younger and he had quite a large collection of those cars as a kid. He played with them all the time and had so much of the movie memorized. So here he is, thirteen, and obviously not as enthralled as when he was seven, but I LOVED that we got to ride in the Lightening McQueen car, and that our car won the race! It was just as good as it could get. As Jude would say, "Boo-ya!"
We liked the Redwoods Forrest area of the park and the kids liked riding the zip lines together.
I loved the Flying Over the World ride! It was amazing! I don't have any pics, but it was really amazing.
We managed to ride the Great Rapids ride and NOT get soaking wet! We were so happy about that because we rode it later in the day. :)
We all loved the Incredicoaster! Josh and Jude rode it twice and the rest of us just once. Jude would be very happy visiting Six Flags next, I think!
Ben's face here cracked us up...
Our last day we went back to Disneyland. We rode Splash Mountain with ponchos this time and I got SOAKED! The water hit my face, went through my neck hole and all down the front of me, ha!
...but it was 97 degrees that day, so I dried off in a jiffy.
We explored the Island and it's caves...
The boys especially loved wandering all over. Josh snapped a pic of us girls while we waited for the boys to re-emerge.
We started logging how many times we'd ridden Thunder Mountain with a photo...
...8...
That night we took the train a couple times...
And loved watching the show...
We fit in Autotopia...
And the Finding Nemo Sub... (which nearly put me to sleep) ;)
We did Star Tours a couple times and bought some last minute light saber key chains. ;) And I got a warm drink.
And that night we watched some old Mickey cartoons before we called it a wrap.
And we remembered all of the highlights as we walked back to our shuttle...
And took one last family pic...
And waved goodbye as we walked to our shuttle feeling really happy that we did it all, and loved every minute getting to be together.
The next morning we were up early to try to beat the traffic to the airport, and it worked great.
And the beautiful Oregon mountains welcomed us home.
I'm so thankful for this season of life with our kids. They are such a gift from God. Every child and family is. But I'm just so grateful that He's made us the Fegles Five. We sure love each other. And love our Savior so much.






























































No comments:
Post a Comment