They're really sweet and I'm pretty sure Selah thinks it's the best thing that has ever happened. :)
She chose two Silkies that will be white when full grown. They are pretty exotic looking, with feathers even growing on their feet. She named hers Winter & Hope and they are, and will be, our smallest hens. They will lay small brown eggs. They're sweet little fluff balls.
(Don't worry, we know better than to kiss a chick. And we're thorough hand washers around here.)
Benjamin chose a gray Plymouth Rock, and we all love this little one's coloring. Ben named her Lucy, because her color reminded him of Lucy the farm cat.
Jude and I chose Americanas, which will lay blue or green eggs. Jude named his Willow, and I think it's the perfect name.
Isn't she so cute? She has the sweetest temperament!
My chick is the one in the first picture at the top of this post and I have to admit, I kind of adore her. I named her Penelope. She appears to be at the top of the chick pecking order, at the moment. We'll see if that changes over time.








1 comment:
Too cute! And I just adore that photo of Jude, looking so handsome and big! ♥
Post a Comment