Wednesday, July 25, 2018

May

You know when you're telling a friend a story and you suddenly wonder if you've told them that story once before? That's how I'm feeling with our family blog. I keep wondering, have I already posted this picture?? I'm a little out of sorts this summer. :) It's all beginning to blur, ha!

Jude did his 5th grade state testing back in the end of April and he did a great job. It was harder this year, though, because he had more tests than past years, and because he's such a thorough person, it took him a total of four days to complete his testing. But you know what? He DID it! And he scored great! I was so proud of him.
His teacher, Cheryl, (through our charter school program) is incredible. She's a believer in her students and she leads by example, being consistent and steady in all she does. I'm so thankful for her help and guidance! We only meet with her half a dozen times a year, but she's made a big impact on us all. She's hiking the Pacific Crest Trail with her son this year. They started in Mexico in May and they are still hiking daily to complete it before school starts.
While Jude was testing, Selah, Ben and I found fun things to do nearby. Some of the testing locations were in areas we'd never explored, so we found new parks and walking paths.
At one location these geese flew in and walked right up to us hoping for a bite of our snack.
In May we celebrated Mother's Day and had family over to celebrate with a potluck lunch in the yard after church.
It was fun to celebrate my mom. She received chocolates, flowers and music. Wayne brought a whole spread of food. And we ended the day by enjoying the perfect weather, the view, and playing catch phrase all together.
It was fun to have everyone take a turn on the cable swing. 
My cute grandma even rode it! She's in her 80's and not slowing down any time soon! 
Here's my brother Caleb.
And Selah introduced Frightful to everyone.
In May we also celebrated my Dad's birthday! My brothers and I got to take him out for breakfast, and it was so fun. Even the simple event of all riding in one car together, like when we were kids was special. We need to go out for breakfast together more often. And we got to see a project he'd been working on. My dad is great at transforming places.
Enjoying a walk at Dad and Janet's house with family...
Josh and I celebrated our 16 year anniversary in May, too!
That day we played racquetball at Timberhill Athletic Club. Because it was a holiday weekend we were the only ones using the racquetball courts. 
We were laughing at how out of shape we are and just having a great time, not realizing how noisy we were being. Josh beat me in all three games, but I had fun swinging for the fences. It wasn't until we were done playing that we realized there were about 20 people working out on treadmills right above our court and could hear us the whole time. Oh dear! That only made us laugh a little harder on our way to the car.
How I felt between each game...
But I had no problem eating this amazing steak and potatoes at dinner!!
And I loved sitting there, across the table from the amazing man I married. There's no one I'd rather partner in life with, and follow into the great unknown. He's someone I admire beyond words.
Josh is such a believer in people and always sees the best in others, and I'm grateful he sees the best in me too. He cheers me on and lifts me up. He makes me feel like a treasure in the many thoughtful ways he cares for me, and he makes me laugh like no one else! I'm so thankful God put us together, and that He gave us the three amazing gifts that are our children. Being married to my best friend is a lifelong gift that I'm forever grateful for.
One of our favorite things to do as a family is go for walks. We load up the kids' bikes and scooters and head to different parks or walking paths.
Josh cracked us up here...
How I found Ben one day... poor, deprived child. ;)
Grandma Chris loves to stop by for visits, and the kids love to show her their latest lego creations.
Riding Ruby at Grandma Jill's. As the kids grow, Ruby seems to shrink. Bittersweet.
I love spending time with my sister-in-law, Gina. There are many days that she pops by with Nora and we drink tea and talk while she knits or helps me with dishes. I'm thankful we get to do life together. And we love when Matt joins too!
Gina shared a great risotto recipe with me! :)
Our kids are still loving the Kiwi Crate Kits they get in the mail. Selah got to build this string of lights for her room.
And Ben got a secret agent kit.
Ben is the last kid in our family to still play dress up. It's a regular thing around here to find him dressed like this:
He made that costume all by himself. 

He also loves to dress as a business man...He regularly begs us for a desk job, to make some real money. He wants a job that will pay him bi-monthly. Josh continues to remind him that school is his job and the sooner he completes it, the sooner he can have a job that pays. 
Dressed as a doctor, while we were out at the fixer property.
Selah attended 4H this year. Family friends had enrolled their daughter, and Selah wanted to join. Josh took her to the weekly meetings and she had a lot of fun with fellow animal lovers.
On to June and July!

No comments: