I love July! I love the heat, I love the 4th, and I just love everything about summer!
On July 3rd we went to a minor league baseball game. Josh's office bought a section of seats and dinner for families. We had a great time, but especially loved the firework show at the end. They played Bob Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel and I loved the patriotic feeling in the stadium!
On the 4th we went over to celebrate with our friends John and Hannah and their cute kids. We bbq'ed in their back yard and enjoyed sitting around the fire pit chatting and roasting marshmallows until the sun went down. Then we lit off fireworks in the street.
I'm so thankful for my friend Hannah.
We've been swimming at my mom's and grandparents on the 90+ degree days. You can't beat the view from their backyard pool!
Sunbathing Nora
One night Caleb and Jen, and Jen's mom (visiting from CA) joined. Caleb and Jen played music for us and we all sang some Disney & Beatles songs, as well as Moon River. It was a lot of fun, sitting on that back patio with the view and three generations, all singing together.
Our friends John and Hannah hosted a church BBQ at their house the other night.
Buddies on a blanket.
One night on the way home from the fixer property (I sound like a broken record, but we're there a lot), we stopped at Winco to pick up a few things and the crescent moon was so pretty and the sky was turning pink and it instantly took me back to 1989 when that grocery store opened. My dad took me there one night and it was night exactly the same. The temperature was so perfect you could hardly feel the air. We bought a bratwurst and a pop, which they use to sell out front all the time for $1.50. Anyway, as we waited in the car for Josh to run in real quick I snapped this pic and told the kids that story of my dad taking me there for the first time and what a sweet memory that had always been.
"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." I remember my Grandma Gayle and my dad saying that when I was growing up. Yesterday I needed to just get out of the house and have some fun with the kids. They often request to walk around downtown, so that's just what we did, and had a great time. And we enjoyed some ice cream with Granddad in the afternoon.
I hope you're enjoying this summer that is flying by much too quickly! xo





















1 comment:
I love that you know the year Winco opened! That’s awesome ;) The view from your mom’s pool is amazing! What a great place to be on a hot summer day. I’m excited to see you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment