We went over to Matt and Gina's house and BBQ'ed while the kids jumped on the trampoline, and we devoured this ice cream cake. Josh is 39... 40 is looming in the distance. ;) I often tell him he's killin' it at home and at work... how'd he get to be so great?
The kids wanted to serve him breakfast in bed on his birthday:
And they made him gifts.
We went to see Incredibles 2 movie at the theater that night.
Matt and Gina left for Sisters to celebrate their anniversary, so we got to have Nora for a couple days. She and Selah wore matching top knots to the theater.
My birthday was a week later. I woke up to Josh surprising me with a coffee from my favorite coffee drive thru.
Later that day we stopped by my mom's house to say hello to lots of extended family that were visiting from California. They were sweet and sang me happy birthday and toasted me.
That evening Josh, the kids and I went out to dinner and to a few of my favorite stores. I bought two hand towels for the bathroom that I couldn't resist. It was a great birthday! I'm 38 and becoming more and more okay with that. As Josh always says, "I'll never be younger!" ;)
We hadn't seen our friends Matt and Jana in months, so we joined them for dinner and Spades (cards) one evening. The girls enjoyed painting.
We only make it to Avery park about once a year, but we always love it. The kids climbed the train while I laid on a blanket in the grass and watched the branches above me sway in the wind. Why are those moments so therapeutic?
And the kids had fun rolling down the hill on their sides while I sent Josh a "wish you were here" pic.
Josh's office had another "Escape Room" day. This time they were put in a harder room that only 15% of groups successfully complete. They were actually put in two separate rooms and someone pushed a button that revealed a window between them so they could see each other and help solve all the clues. They once again escaped the room in under an hour. What a bunch of smarties! Well done!
We had our nephews come stay with us for a weekend in June. We took them with us to the fixer house and the kids played in the back creek and watched a movie while we got a few things done. We followed it up with frozen yogurt, to which everyone agreed was a good idea.
The kids made boats for the creek:
Two bucks eating apples in the backyard.
Helpers...
Ben stepped on a rusty nail at the property, even though I had carefully picked up any I could find. But it has been a construction zone off and on, and I didn't think about flip flop season being a hazard. He had to get an updated shot. He was in the process of rebuilding his Lego Wall-e set and was missing a piece of tread. So we picked up a piece of tread after the shot to distract from the foot, and now arm, pain. :)
This cute girl spent her money on this tiger she had been wanting.
Ben & Jude love legos that have gears, and Ben loved showing Granddad his Lego Technic book one day.
Similar minds.
Gina and I took the kids for a walk one day to see her mom's property near Walnut park. It was a lovely area!
We also took them to a cute park in Albany one afternoon.
It's been exciting to see the fixer house coming together ever so slowly!






























No comments:
Post a Comment