Friday, June 29, 2018

Sunriver, Baby!

Oh man, this may have been our favorite trip to Sunriver, yet! We needed this trip more than we realized. We truly unplugged and just played! And soaked up the joy of one another's company. It was such a special time together as a family that I found myself journaling each day, simply because I didn't want to forget what a treasure of a time it was.

The house we rented reminded me of a combination of the house I grew up in and my Aunt/Uncle's house next door, even down to the art on the wall and the lawn chairs stacked in the garage. I loved it!!

To sum up our trip, we biked and swam daily, ate 36 popsicles, saw Jupiter and it's four moons at the Observatory, enjoyed the Nature Center, played a lot of board games, watched the Back to the Future Trilogy, read some good books, enjoyed coffee & journaling in the morning sun, soaked in the hot tub, sat by the warm fire, and biked to the country store for more popsicles late one night. ;) It was a great way to usher in the summer break with the people I love most!
I had to take a pic of the lawn chairs in the garage to show my brothers. They brought back memories just seeing them. :) 
Thank you for another great week of adventures, Sunriver! And thank you Lord, for the gift of family, the beauty of nature, and your unconditional love that sets us free!! This life is to be enjoyed and I know no greater joy and freedom than in the unending love of Christ! 💛

Jesus said, "If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free... So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. - John 8:32, 36

No comments: