And a cup of tea makes it fun too! :)
Jude has been doing awesome with a new reading comprehension program that we are loving and so thankful for!
While he does that the other two work through their English books.
Ben is always done with his work first, so he has more free time to play. He's been enjoying the Lego Robot that we got for school.
Selah made this lego person the other day and said it was me on vacation. :) Ha! It's holding a camera.
The view of the Three Sisters Mountains the other afternoon was just beautiful before the sun went down.
Josh recently went to an escape room with work for a team building activity and had a great time. They escaped the room in a record time! What a bunch of smarty pants. ;) He loves his job so much, which makes me so happy!
I recently got to visit with my friend Kathy! She's been living overseas for several years and she and her family recently moved back to Oregon. It was great to catch up! We've been friends since we were neighbors when we were three years old! We met up at the library with my kids, before she had to pick up her kids from school.
The kids have been asking for one-on-one dates, so Jude was the first to have a special day. We went out for yogurt and played chess, and he held the doors for me. I loved spending that time with him.
Josh recently went on a business trip to California (it's so nice when it's in the same time zone as us!) So we played a game of Monopoly the night before he left. Ben was given the game for his birthday, and I think he's played it half a dozen times in the last several weeks.
We kept very busy while Josh was gone! One night, my sisters-in-law and I went out for tea and desserts.
It was great to talk until late into the night. Thank you Matt for watching all of the kids! What a sweet Uncle. :)
The kids and I took some walking breaks from school to get out into the sunshine.
Our friends Sheri, Isaac & Even came to visit and we got to celebrate Isaac's birthday!
The night ended with kids acting a bit like the kids from the movie Cheaper by the Dozen, because they watched it all together that night. :) Ha!
Earlier that evening Isaac had challenged me to a game of one-on-one basketball. I played varsity in high school, but haven't played much since then. And BOY am I ever out of shape!! Oh dear! I about wanted to die from lack of breath. I had to go lay down on my living room floor, haha! ...but I won. ;) And that's said with humor, because when he's older he'll smoke me for sure. And I didn't even realize until right now that we played on a lowered hoop! Too funny.
The next day the kids and I took off for the beach! It was super foggy down in the valley, but sunny at the beach, so we thoroughly enjoyed the drive over with blue skies!
The sun came and went when we were over there, but it was crazy how warm it felt. It was only 62 degrees, but because there was zero wind it felt even warmer. We played in the water and had a great time building sand creations.
Ben and I discovered that measuring cups are awesome for playing in the sand.
Ben made this man out of sand. :)
And Jude loved collecting nature treasures.
The lighting was so pretty. These are all just cell phone pics because I didn't want to take my big camera.
We cleaned up and headed down to the historic waterfront to see the seals and get some taffy.
The day after Josh got home from his trip, we got to go to Portland and see our sweet friends and celebrate their son's birthday, and see their beautiful new home! We sure love them.
The kids got to ride this fun virtual roller coaster at the birthday party.
And the boys bike racing. ;)
Selah knitted her first scarf, that she started last fall. She learned from a library book and worked on it a little here and there at bedtime. She's already onto knitting something else.
My girl has grown up so quickly. When did it all happen?! I'm just amazed that she'll be ten this spring.
I'll end with the sweetest little face I ever did see. I found this photo recently, from when Selah was only two, on a day when she was asking to hold her one month old baby brother Benjamin. I love seeing these big beautiful eyes and sweet cheeks. I miss those crazy days. They really do go by too quickly. But she's grown into an incredible young lady, that has the sweetest heart, and is so responsible. She's a treasure through and through.











































No comments:
Post a Comment