Thursday, January 25, 2018

Cornelius Christmas in January

We got to celebrate Cornelius Christmas at Dad and Janet's last weekend and we had a wonderful time, as usual!
They made close to 50 of Grandma Gayle's rolls for us all to enjoy! 
Oooooo, they dripped with butter, and were soooo good!
I found this little cutie under the table while we were all playing games.
I'm so thankful for our family! Thank you Dad and Janet for such a fun day! xo
Dad and Janet gave us gift cards for Christmas and with them Josh and I bought a new mattress! We are so excited! The mattress we've had the past 8+ years has been wonderful, but the last few months it's been causing me to wake up achy, so it was time to invest in a new mattress. We bought one of those that comes in a box, since it was a huge feat involving a tractor and four people to get our current king mattress to the second floor of the farm house, since it wouldn't fit up the stairs. So this was much easier, carrying a box up the stairs! The mattress has to sit for 24 hours to expand. It hadn't fully expanded yet in this pic, but boy did it feel good to lay on it! We get to sleep on it tonight, and I'm just a wee bit excited about that.
Can you tell? ;) Selah took these silly pics.
Today has been a sweet day with my kids. I just love getting to spend so much time with them. We were goofing off and got to laughing pretty hard and being silly. Jude went over and hugged/teased Selah as she was laughing, so I picked up my camera and snapped this blurry picture as quickly as I could so that I wouldn't miss the sweet moment.
'Tis the season for the Canadian geese migration. We hear big booms around here as neighboring farmers are trying to scare the geese off of their fields. Several hundred landed here in the field, so the kids and I left our school work to go on a muddy field adventure... and visit those cute geese. ;) Here's a short video I took of the kids, trying to run in muddy ground with heavy boots.
A group of cuties after church, waiting for us parents to stop talking. :)
My love took me on a date and we shared the best chocolate and white chocolate mousse I've ever tasted. Time with him is my favorite thing! xoxo
One night, right after we put the kids to bed I put on a charcoal face mask (to help clean my skin). I snuck around the corner and cracked open the door to find Selah reading in her bed in the dark, and I smiled at her as she looked up at me. She had huge eyes, and didn't think my mask surprise was very funny. ;)
Ben has a lot of creative free time and I love the things he thinks of. He's been using his magformer magnets to do other things, other than build cars. He puts them inside his clothing and on the outside too, and uses them to carry things. ;) And he does the same inside/outside of his socks, and then picks up things like... nails. ;) Ha! (He put the nails on the floor to pic up, fyi.)
 He also likes to play chef and build me food. What I ordered today:
This girl is a great self-learner:
But teaching my kids some things, makes me think of this funny quote:  ;)
Speaking of math, one day recently Jude worked late into the evening to finish a math assessment. And he did great! He may not work quickly, but he's dedicated to finishing, and I think that's a great quality. He's discovered that he loves the Classical Study Station on Pandora. He loves listening to it while he does math. He gets excited when he hears songs like Jurassic Park, Beethoven's Fur Elise, or an orchestra playing a Michael Jackson song! :)
I'll end on this quote I like:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excited for you both to get better sleep on your new mattress! Such sweet pics, I definitely stole a few. Thanks, sister!