Tuesday, March 7, 2017

We Bought Some Property

Well, we bought some property! It's my other grandparent's place to be exact and we are grateful to have been given the opportunity. There are two houses on acreage and it has a lovely creek and mini-orchard at the back of the property. They are downsizing, as they are in their 80's, and we look forward to putting our touch on the place. I've enjoyed all of the recent time I've gotten to spend over there, visiting with my grandparents and hearing old stories. I love learning from other's experiences, and learning about how their experiences shape them! And who doesn't love to listen to old, fun stories?
 Part of the back creek.
Each week the kids memorize Bible verses for Awana Club, so each week I write a little tune to help them memorize that week's Scripture. My brother Matt is generously helping me to record them all. I recently recorded the piano tracks and Selah will soon get to record the vocals. It's such a fun little project.
 My brother is so talented. He can make commercials, and short films that win awards, write and record music, and play pretty much any instrument he picks up. He's amazing.
The kids have been taking swim lessons and are loving it. For all of my anxiety over waiting too long to start again (due to our traumatic start years ago), I actually think the timing has been perfect! They are picking it up so quickly and having a blast in the process. Selah swimming across the pool...
 Post swim shower hair. :)
 It snowed this March. At first I was dreading the everlasting cold, but this was our view driving the other morning (I pulled over to snap this pic), and we loved seeing all of the people out walking their dogs, jogging, and enjoying the peaceful, fresh snow.
  We recently enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Dad and Janet's. 
 I loved this pic of the men while we played a game... it's almost like they are all related. :)
Getting sick this past week was a bit brutal, but the upside was that I got to go out to dinner with my mom and brother after my little doctor visit (what a blast!) I basically had weird face/arm/hand numbness/weakness and a weird vertigo feeling, and my eyes felt too tired to want to stay open for long periods of time, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was feeling sensitive to bright lights and noise, too. I felt so weird that it kind of scared me. But when all was said and done we think that maybe I had labyrinthitis (fancy name for inner ear infection)?? And maybe a pinched nerve too?? Who really knows. Or it was left over weird stuff from the virus/cold I'd had the week before. We never really got a solid answer, but it kept me in bed, sleeping and avoiding screens and noise for a week. Josh was an all-star and took such good care of me and the kids all while balancing work, and shuttling kids around, and managing meals. He made me feel so loved. I married an amazing man. And family chipped in and helped a bunch too! Thank you mom for your help, support, and prayers, and thank you dad for also watching the kids, being here, and praying for me! I'm so thankful for my family. And my renewed health!!
 Last night was the first night in a week that I was feeling like I was on the mend for real! I was so excited that Selah and I picked up dinner to-go for the family and I actually joined them at the dinner table. I was soooo grateful to be out of the fog and back with my people. 
Thank you Lord for being near to me, and calming my fears! xo
"I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 34:4

No comments: