I am so thankful to be sitting here typing today. I've had such a crazy week of illness that I have to admit I got a little scared. But I'm recovering and well enough to be sitting here blogging, and I can't tell you how happy that makes me! After a trip to the ER, a follow up doc visit, two trips to the chiropractor, tons of prayer, and hours and hours of extra sleep, I'm beginning to feel like my old self again, and for that I'm so grateful. Thank you, Lord!
We recently got our 2016 family Blurb book in the mail and the kids and I have enjoying flipping through it several times already. Those books really are worth their weight in gold. Because of that I don't want to fall too far behind, so I'm going to try and catch up all I've missed this past month or more for my 2017 book's sake. :)

Josh and I are really bad at celebrating things. I often say, "Don't get me anything, I just want a love note!" because he knows that's my love language. But on Valentine's day morning I woke up to tulips, truffles, two long love notes, and a wrapped gift! What?! Josh put a big smile on my face and I put a big kiss on his lips. I love that he keeps me on my toes and how often he does things that are thoughtful and unexpected. I love being married to my favorite person in the world.
I also woke up to this gorgeous sunrise that day:
That afternoon we had our friends over for lunch and as always, enjoyed every minute with them. We will cherish every bit of time we get with them before they move in May. (sniff, sniff)
Ann's friendship has been a huge blessing these past couple years. I don't like to think about her moving away because it makes me want to cry, but when I think of the future women who will be blessed by her friendship like I have been, I can't help but be happy for them! She's a treasure.
And little Andrew is such a cutie! He will smile at anyone that smiles at him.

Our kids adore Jamesy (as they like to call him.)

Our school year has been flying by and we've really enjoyed our co-op this year (our fourth year participating in it.) We're thankful for our friends there and all the kids are learning. Here are some fun pics from CC the past month or more.
The kids study famous artists each week and try their hand at replicating art. Ben loves it.
I sit in a different class each week, but mostly Ben's since he's the youngest and has the most energy, and he sometimes needs an extra hand. But it's always fun to sit in Jude & Selah's classes and watch the older kids think. Here Jude's class is playing a math game.
Jude focusing in class. ;)
I often don't notice these things as they are happening but notice them after the fact in pictures... Jude's cups of paint... lined up and color coordinated. :)
The kids were learning about aerodynamics and made airplanes and Jude was the only kid to land his plane perfectly in the square! Way to go, Jude!
Our kids recently gave 4 minute speeches as an assignment for the charter school we're enrolled in. Selah spoke about blue whales and Jude spoke about the history of chewing gum.
Having friends over after school.
Best buddies!
A familiar scene...
Josh's mini-me...
...and my mini-me. ;) We have the same pants.
Learning about chess forks...
Pizza & movie night at the Hilton's! What is better than that?
One day I enlisted the help of a sheriff, deputy, and cowboy to do a little de-cluttering of their closets.



























No comments:
Post a Comment