Monday, February 13, 2017

A Fun Weekend

It's warm enough to ride around outside again, and that makes us happy!! :) Saturday was a gorgeous day, so we loaded up the bikes and headed toward campus.
We saw lamas, sheep, horses, goats, and friendly dogs on our ride! :) 
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Chris got the kids these little hiking packs for Christmas. They worked great on our ride; each kid packed their own snacks, water and gloves.
I photographed the kids by this cow painting years ago when we rode this path, and I asked if I could get an updated shot in the same place. The cow hasn't changed, but these characters have. ;)
Such a pretty day!
After our ride we changed, and piled back into the car to head to the movie theater to see the new Lego Batman movie! The kids had been counting down the days to see it because they had gotten movie tickets from Granddad Kevin & Grandma Janet for Christmas. I totally fell asleep in the theater, and missed most of the movie! I guess that long bike ride in the warm sunshine wore me out. :)

When we got home the moon was huge and rising over the back field, and above us the stars were so bright and the constellations were so easy to spot, and to our right venus was shining so brightly! It was one of those moments that I had to text my dad and say, "Wow! You should see this, it's beautiful!"
Matt, Gina & Nora are going to our church now, and we are loving it! Pinch me. We all live in the same area and go to church together - I love that! Cousins Nora and Evie had a combined bowling birthday that afternoon and we all had so much fun together!
Sweet cousins!
Ben cracked me up with all of his bowling moves.
Jude kept wanting to try different balls because he was thinking through the weight & speed ratios of the balls, and wanted to know if a heavier ball would improve his score.
The kids all bowled on one lane and we adults all bowled on the lane next to the kids. It was fun to cheer each other on. Selah got the highest score for the kids, and I got the highest score for the adults! :) We were okay with that!
Gina is such a great mama! I love seeing Matt and Gina both shine in their roles as parents.
Happy 3rd birthday, Nora! Happy 9th, Evie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super sweet pics! What a fun month! We love going to church with you guys. So blessed to be close to family! <3 :-*