Friday, February 27, 2015

February

The second half of February has been busy and beautiful! It's felt like spring and I'm hoping that March will be just as lovely! :) We've been enjoying time with our school friends and spending time outdoors!
Autumn, Candice and I got together with our kids for a beautiful blue-sky play day over at Candice's house. The kids loved being together and Candice has such a great variety of things for them to do. I loved that we moms got to enjoy so much time together too.
There's been a lot of swinging and bike riding at our home these sunny days. :)
We had a wonderful time, and amazing dinner (Thank you Michael & Ann!) with new friends. We loved hearing more of their life stories and we look forward to spending more time with them in the future. (I swiped this pic from Ann's FB page) ;)
I love when these two girls are together. They're just so happy and adorable.
This is a common scene around these parts lately... Josh, off for another run.
I have gardening fever and have been spending time starting some cold weather crops. The other evening, after a happy hour surrounded by seeds and soil, I looked up from the garden to see the sun casting light on the three sisters. It was so pretty. I grabbed my camera, and just then this flock of geese flew across my view. In those moments I love telling the Lord what He already knows: how beautiful His creation is!
We played a fun game of spades with our friends Matt and Jana this week. We girls were on a roll, and there were a lot of unusual hands, which made it interesting and extra fun, but these 1 bid hands were a pain. ;)
I wasn't feeling 100% one day this week and told the kids I needed to lay down for a few minutes. One by one they began to bring me things to make my down time more fun. ;) I received Lego instructions, a Disney magazine, a plate of dried fruit, a warm scarf, a couple lego spaceships... lots of acts of love! I'm a blessed mama!
Jude's doing great with his reading. I love watching him work hard at things that aren't always the easiest for him.
The kids planted flowers with me last week, and they had fun choosing which ones to buy.
Do you see Lonely in there? She's our only dark brown chicken, second from the left. Our sweet Lonely is no longer lonely. She is the ring leader of her little group of hen friends. :)
And even though she is our smallest hen, she lays the biggest eggs! Sometimes the carton lids won't close because of her eggs. :)
Benjamin asked Daddy to rock him the other night. These days are fleeting and I love that he'll still snuggle.
Our friends Sheri, Isaac and Evan came to spend a full day with us and we loved it! The kids played basketball, Legos and watched a movie, and I always love how Sheri hangs out with me in the kitchen while we catch up on life and dishes.
To: Dad. Love: Selah.
Matt and Gina bought their new home (Yay!) and we got to watch Nora for an evening while they painted. Selah is such a doting little mommy to Nora and so helpful. We loved watching Nora's cute dance moves while we had music on in the kitchen before dinner. She's a crack up with her little shoulder shake! It was sweet to get to rock her to sleep, too. Although, she fell asleep with my phone in her hands because it was the only way I could get her to stop moving long enough to realize she was tired and fall asleep. ;) It's easy to forget how busy 1 year olds are. Such a sweet stage!
Speaking of cousin's, we went to cousin Evie's birthday party a couple weeks ago. The kids had so much fun and loved the way Granny decorated everything, because the party happened to fall on Valentine's Day! Happy Birthday, Evie!
And speaking of cousin's birthdays, it was also Nora's 1st birthday this month!! Matt and Gina hosted it here, since their house is still being moved into, and we loved getting to have everyone here.
What a darling birthday baby!
And Gina's mom came up from California. We always love seeing her!
Nora had no hesitations when it came to cake!
This little lady is a mover and a shaker.
And has a pretty big fan club. :) We love you Nora Bean!

No comments: