Thursday, February 12, 2015

This and That

Yep, there's sunshine outside and flowers are popping up all over! I cannot wait for spring and warmer temperatures! Knowing Oregon, it will probably surprise us with snow next month. ;) But I'm so happy about the sunshine we're having this week!

Here's a bit of life lately...
Grandpa Mike & Grandma Chris got Ben some binoculars for Christmas and he loves to spy things around here. :) We saw this cute little guy while doing yard work a couple weeks ago.
School's been fun with science and art projects. 
I love seeing the friendships develop in these sweet kids. These girls have so much fun together.
Exchanging Valentines...
Play date...
Buddies!
Selah's favorite part of school is art. Each week this year they've been learning about an American artist. 
My favorite art she makes... seriously melts my heart.
Drawing with the new art set Uncle Caleb & Aunt Jen got her for Christmas...
We went on a girl date a few weeks ago and we drew there too! :) I sure love this girl and her creativity!
Ben has been saying the cutest things lately and I just have to write them all down. I love hearing his interpretation of his world.
One day, while dressed as a super hero, he sat down next to me and said,
Ben: Mom, my other super hero friends need me to help them ALL the time and that's a problem because I need to save the world, and I can't!
Me: Maybe I could help. Could I become a super hero and help?
Ben: Only if you fall into chemicals can you become a super hero.

Our little guy got sick recently and that's always so hard on my mama heart. I worry too much.
I was so happy once he was well!
Don't you always feel like this, though, once your kids are no longer sick? ;) Like you've just spent the week carrying the world, being on hyper alert and getting no sleep?
Josh has been doing lots of work for Jude's Foods in his spare time these days. There was an article written on him recently and they wanted this specific pose of Josh. :) He's always smiling, so this is kind of funny, but Oh, those eyes!
We celebrated my mom's birthday by all going to see the movie Wild together, and then over to my grandparent's for dinner and desserts. 
Happy Birthday, Mom!
Seeing flowers return makes me happy... that means that gardening season is just around the corner! Bring on the produce! ;)

No comments: