Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happily Recovering

Jude's dental surgery went well. I was a huge ball of nerves, starting from the night before, just worried about my boy, but once everything was done and we were driving home I felt such relief; I could've slept for a week. It's hard to watch our kids go through things, but thankfully the staff was so wonderful and Jude had a great experience! He did a great job!
Before they gave Jude the "super relaxing" medicine (pre-anesthesia) they told us that he wouldn't remember anything from the day, so we bribed him to get through a few last things before surgery that he didn't particularly want to do, by offering him a dollar if he'd comply. I figured he wouldn't remember anyway. ;) (I know, sounds terrible, but there's a funny ending to it.)

After his surgery we went back to hang out with him until he woke up. He was in a really deep sleep still and the nurse said we could try to wake him up. Nothing we said or did got any response from him. The word popsicle got one of his eyes to barely open, but then he went back to sleep. We sat there a while longer wondering when he'd stir, then Josh had an idea. He turned on the angry birds game on his phone and put the music by Jude's ear and what do you know? He popped right up in that bed, wide eyed, and looked for the phone. :) 
Once we got Jude loaded into the car, the first thing he said was, "where's my dollar?" I guess he remembered more than the doctor said he would.

This past week has been beautiful and crisp. The kids had a lot of fun raking piles of leaves to run through, and ride their bikes through.
Jude helped me collect a few of the very last apples to make a small batch of applesauce.
Selah's drawing of Jude, Ben, herself, Lucy (cat) & Lonely (chicken). I loved it.
I went for a run the other day and ran right past this big guy. My cell phone made him look farther away than he was. He felt so close and looked majestic and strong, and I loved that he was back-dropped by dreamy fall fog.
The kids love their co-op school days and their teacher had a really fun review game for them this week (she asks review questions from their material). I loved Selah and Jude's expressions here. Selah was cheering for her team and Jude was "biting his nails" nervous. :)

No comments: