Friday, November 14, 2014

Halloween

Halloween 2014 could also be known as the year of the Elsa dress. ;) Pretty cute.
Selah was over the moon excited for her dress to arrive and I just loved her excitement!! Aunt Gina even surprised Selah by having a little Amazon package arrive on our doorstep on Halloween with an Elsa crown and Elsa shoes in the box. :) Selah wore them the entire time we trick-or-treat-ed. Cutest thing ever. (Thanks Auntie Gina for such a fun and thoughtful surprise! xo)
I don't remember how we even came up with this idea, but at one point that morning I'd taken a pic of Selah and we thought it would be funny to photoshop her into a "Frozen scene", so we got creative and found a background and made this pic. Then the boys got all excited about making one too and they picked their own scenes and poses for their costumes. I think we've started our new Halloween tradition! ;)

Ben picked out this tiger costume from my Grandma's shop, which was the same outfit my younger brother Caleb wore when he was Ben's age. I thought that was just too sweet!
And Jude made one handsome Mr. Incredible! Gotta love the built-in six pack.

Since I failed to take any pics of the actual occasion this pic does a good job of documenting what happened recently: Selah lost her two bottom front teeth!! The first one fell out the weekend friends were recently here and the second one fell out while she was eating her lunch a week later. I feel like it really wasn't that long ago that I was dancing around our living room with her on my hip and her two first baby teeth were poking through. Those 6 years sure went by fast. (sniffle, sniffle)
My brother Matt and sister-in-law Gina were heading to a film festival that night because Matt had made a short film that won a city wide competition (his second year in a row doing that - way to go Matt!) and it was going to be shown that night at the festival, so we got to babysit our niece Nora! We were thrilled and it was a treat to have her along on our evening adventures! :)
My mom had just gotten back from a recent trip to AZ, so she joined our party too and spent the evening with us. It was great to have an extra set of hands too! 
Grandma with her grands...
Before Matt and Gina had to leave, we stopped by our neighbor John's for a visit. He's the cutest and always so sweet to put out treats for the kids. :)
Then we made the rounds at a nearby neighborhood.

Selah: Mom, I don't want to wear my coat (trick or treating) because I want people to know I'm Elsa.
Me: Honey, they'll recognize you because they see lots of Elsas.
Selah: (with her deadpan face) Mom, I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one.

I couldn't love her more; I'm so thankful for my sweet girl!

The moon was lovely that night...
This house was funny because their teenage kids made themselves look like porch decorations, but once you got close they moved.
Love these cuties.
Nora slept most of the time we were out and about, and just woke up for the tail end.
It was fun to see the different pumpkins on people's porches. 
Selah got to sort out the gf candy with her cute little helper. 

No comments: